Tomorrow never comes.

Options
Just wanted to put this up as I only joined yesterday (after weeks of 'tomorrow I will start!' Familiar?:ohwell: ) but would love to meet some people on here and set up a real support circle so that if one of us had a bad day then they can tell the other and there'd be real, caring people who could inspire and motivate.

Hello! I'm Hannah, wanting to lose weight for life not just for Christmas. My goal is about a pound or two a week. Just moved to a new country so am finding it difficult not to comfort eat if the day hasn't gone well. Spanish food is delicious but the places I frequent aren't the healthiest.

Drop a reply if you would so like. :happy:

Replies

• soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    How come you moved? I kept saying tomorrow, tomorrow, I would start for a few days and then I would quit. This is the first time I have stuck with it. I live in Vegas so it would be nice to not look like a whale in 120 degree weather each summer :P
  • JuliMagenta
    JuliMagenta Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hey :)

I know the "tomorrow"-problem.
    I used to think "tomorrow I will change my life, be healthy, do sports..." and I never did. Or I did a diet for 3 days and then - boom, quit.

Now I really want to change my lifestyle and I am ok with the fact, that it might take time.
    So, feel free to add me - I'd love to share support :)
  • JaneAlflat
    JaneAlflat Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm great at the tomorrow thing too! That's also why I joined.
    I'd love to add you and get a support group going for us both :)

anyone else on here needing more support/friends can feel free to add me
  • spookerella
    spookerella Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

I moved to Spain because I am a TEFL teacher and went where there was a job. Plus been dying to travel, unfortunately come the summer its hot (not as seriously hot as Las Vegas I'm sure!) but still. I'd like to be able to be comfortable and not look like a sweaty mountain in black.

I am so glad that there are more people with the 'tomorrow problem' it's a killer. With me it's "tomorrow I will do a work out, then I can wash my hair and go get some fruit and veggies from the market", the next day I get up late and the whole thing just dies as a plan. I wash my hair and go and get a cookie or a pastry from the bakers. Sometimes I think preparation is your worst enemy, maybe we should be more spontaneous? What do you think? :)

Anyone please add me I'd like to set up this support circle. :smile:
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    The theme of my profile page is "My tomorrow finally came March 12th 2012". I have not looked back since.

Belive me, my tomorrows were more than you can imagine in the past 30 years.

Finally, I have had success!
  • stormisummer
    Options
    Oh how well I know "tomorrow". We have become good friends and meet up for coffee every morning it seems. It's time I make some changes in my life..and i would love to be in your support group. I'm ready to meet today.
  • KeViN_v2pt0
    KeViN_v2pt0 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I said that yesterday. Boy was I dumb....look what happened.
  • spookerella
    spookerella Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Ok, Support circle is up and running (so to speak) just search for

The 'Tomorrow' Problem Support

:happy:
  • kabejo
    kabejo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am a "I'll start tomorrow" repeat offender. Obviously that worked real well for me! haha. As you said, tomorrow never comes so I'm here hoping to change that! Good luck to you! :)