How do I track T25?

Options
Hi there, I don't have a heart rate monitor but I'm wondering how I could track T25 with a general calorie burn? Any input would help for each workout, since they're all different, thanks!!

Replies

• themtron
    themtron Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I took the little quiz and determined I should be eating 1,600 cals a day. So I upped my daily calorie allowance on MFP to 1,600 and only log 1 calorie for my T25 workouts. I don't have a HRM either, and this method works for me really well.
  • abickford82
    Options
    All depends on the effort you put into it. I'd put aerobics, but in the Speed workouts you're going non-stop, but in total body, you're moving a bit less. So, you'd be better off getting a HRM or BodyMediaFIT or FitBit. I have BodyMedia and love it, it's well worth the money.
  • Ilb320
    Ilb320 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I usually log it under Calisthenics (pushups, sit-ups), vigorous effort.
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    The best way to track is to get a heart rate monitor and enter the result into a custom exercise entry that you create. Otherwise, the generic MFP exercise types don't necessarily factor in your height, age, current weight, etc. into the calculation.
  • HornedFrogPride
    HornedFrogPride Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I think you have 2 choices: you either wear a HRM to measure calories burned or log 1 calorie burned (usually I do the latter). I just custom-created a T-25 entry under cardiovascular. Then I fill in the cals. Good workouts!
  • dcaiani
    dcaiani Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Ho wdo you like it? Keep us posted. I'm contemplating buying T25. I tried Insanity and I was able to keep up until I got to the advanced workouts then it was totally kicking my *kitten*!
  • katelyn002
    katelyn002 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the inputs, as for HRM's which would you guys suggest? I have a fitbit but that really doesn't give you exact, I use to have the body media you wore on your rom but I couldn't stand wearing it on my arm all day long, I looked pretty silly as I went to the store ha... The fitbit at least you can wear on your pants, bra or now as a bracelet... How do you wear the HRM's?

As for T25, I like it... I loved turbofire which was another Beachbody program but I needed change, so I went for this. I'm also going to be adding in some of the les mills pump which is weights which I like too
  • ness12346
    Options
    I use a Polar F7 and I love it. I've also done T25 and LOVED that program. I was finding I was burning about 300-325 calories for the speed and cardio workouts, and around 200-250 for the ones more based on strength training. I'm 5'4, 160lbs, and 26 years old.
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar F7
  • mom2fabfive
    mom2fabfive Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I wear a polar f4 and create my own exercise for T25. I am in beta of the program now. Just started week 3 of beta.
  • tyann115
    Options
    Does anyone use a Fitbit? I wear one during workouts, but not sure if I should enter workout in MFP under exercise or not. I want to track it just not sure how. I am concerned if I enter it it will double count calories from MFP and fitbit connection. Not to mention what would I log my T25 workout under? Circut Training? Any ideas suggestions welcome! Thank you!
  • ItsMeAshleeD
    Options
    Tyann- With the FitBit, once you connect it to MFP when you log workouts only log them on MFP and it will ask you for a start time and duration. Then, when it calculates your FitBit adjustment at the end of the day it won't factor in what the FitBit recorded during that time period that you logged as a workout. Hope that makes sense!
  • Ncocci26
    Options
    Great job on your pounds lost so far! My goeal weight is 160 too. Just started back up with exercising and eating healthy again. I am starting T25 tonight! Eekkk! Keep up the great work!! :)