Getting started again help appreciated!

Options
Hello everybody. I started my weight loss journey in January 2013 as I was due to go on holiday in April 2013 and wanted to lose some weight. I went from 189 pounds to 150 pounds in this time. When I came off holiday my weight crept up to 155 pounds but I managed to lose it again and went back to 150. I went on holiday again in July and managed to get down to 142pounds.
Now I my weight loss has halted and I have slipped into old habits and cant stop eating really badly. I am up to 155pounds again which may be due to being on the implant and the pill at the moment.
I want to get down to 133 pounds ideally or at least 140 by Christmas time. How can I get back to losing weight and in the general pattern. I have tried lots of times and no luck :(

Replies

• BenjaminMFP88
    BenjaminMFP88 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    How can I get back to losing weight and in the general pattern. I have tried lots of times and no luck :(

The biggest thing for me is community. Make some friends on here or wherever you can that can hold you accountable and encourage to keep pushing. I'm pretty lucky in that my wife works second shift so every day when I get home, she helps me and encourages me to go to the gym at the same time she leaves for work. Apart from that, I do as much personal motivation during the day as I can, constantly checking out MFP, googling techniques, reading stories, etc whatever works and gets you through the week.

Hope this helps you :)
  • tabithacate
    tabithacate Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help maybe I need to visit MFP more! I try and log my food even if its bad at the moment. So hopefully I will get in the swing of it again soon.