Jillian Michaels - Beginner Weight Lifting?

Options
Does anyone have recommendations on which Jillian Michaels DVD workouts I should get for building muscles? I need to add some weightlifting to my workout routine, but need something I can do in my apartment to start out with. Some people have suggested Jillian Michaels since she incorporates weight lifting (with smaller weights) with squats, lunges, etc. I am transitioning into maintenance so really want to start focusing on developing more muscle on the days I don't run or do barre. Thanks in advance for the advice!

Replies

• helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Ive just started 'No More Trouble zones' and thats all strength based with only some jumping in the warm up. Only done it 3 days so far so cant really comment anymore. Im enjoying it though and my bum is sore today!
  • chinadoll725
    chinadoll725 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    When I first got back into fitness, I started on her 30 Day Shred and it was pretty challenging. It has 3 levels, breaks you in with light weights, always made me sweat, and is only 20 min. I highly recommend it for beginners.
  • vjsanvil
    vjsanvil Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! I will try both out!
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    If you want lifting without any jumping around or cardio try Jari Love's Ripped series. She teaches you proper form and it's all lighter weight, high rep work. I'm at work and can't remember exactly which one I have that I really like.
  • emjay6x3
    emjay6x3 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    She also has a set of DVDs called "Jillian Michaels for Beginners" which features Biggest Loser contestants. Good workout!
  • waterwaif
    waterwaif Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I second the Jari Love Ripped. I have the Slim & Lean DVD. No jumping around and lots and lots of reps with low weights. She shows you correct form and the best part is that you can always add heavier weights as you progress.