2 years and 100lbs down!

Options
I don't really post much on the community boards, but I am so proud of myself I am putting this up everywhere! I started this weight loss journey a little bit more than 2 years ago (October 2011 to be exact) and, as of this past Saturday (11/2) I have officially lost 100+ pounds! I can honestly say I never thought I would get to this point. The number just seemed so daunting, that I would never even try. That is until my Dr. told me I was on the border of becoming diabetic and my blood pressure was too high. I was put on meds for the BP and preventative for cholesterol. That was enough for me to kick start the journey. 6 months in I was taken off the BP meds and about 5 months ago we finally stopped the cholesterol meds. I LIKE working out now and miss it when I can't (like when I'm sick). I no longer shop in the plus size stores and can pretty much go into any store I want to make a purchase. I'm working on another 20-30lbs and then I will be where the charts say I "should" be for my height. I think after that I will be done and will move to maintaining.

Thank you to My Fitness Pal for providing the tools we need to be success stories. You do the work for us and all we need to do is follow through on the promise we make to ourselves. I am so extremely proud to have gotten this far. Thank you!

Replies

• lighteningjeanne855
    Options
    Congratulations for your accomplishment!
    I hope to be in the same spot in 2014.
    Best wishes to attain to your next goal.
  • namaste62
    Options
    That is AWESOME!

I have about 20 pounds to lose and spend so much time fretting...you are my new inspiration!

Thanks for posting this!

Namaste62
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Awesome and congrats!
  • Territravel
    Territravel Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Woo-hoo!!!
  • GinJon
    GinJon Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your 100 lb loss! It took me from Jan 2011 until March of this year to lose 100 lbs. When I first started losing, I never dreamed I would make it this far, but thank the Good Lord I have. I have more to lose and with His help, I can do this. :smile:
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! What an accomplishment. :drinker:
  • mdodd2012
    mdodd2012 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thats great
  • LJGmom
    LJGmom Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Way to stick with it!
  • DeenerN
    DeenerN Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, I am so glad to see someone with commitment and determination make to to the century mark. Congratulations, I hope to join your ranks soon!
  • JulieeeeJ
    Options
    Amazing job! It makes you believe that you can do anything.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!