Time to get back down to basics!!!!

Options
In August of 2012 I stepped on the scale and was ashamed of the number in front of me. 209 pounds at 5'0 tall.
That day I made the decision to change my life. I counted my calories and started walking. By Thanksgiving of that year I ran in my 1st 5k! Running? Have you lost your mind? I used to hate running but I grew to love it.
By March 2013 I had lost 55 pounds.
That's when my life was turned upside down. I decided to leave a verbally abusive relationship who was also an alcoholic.
My time running was cut off almost complelty since I didn't have anyone to help watch the kids while I went.

Fast forward to November 2013 I have put on 10 pounds since march :(
I'm glad that's all I have put on but it is time to get them back off!!!
Today is day 2 of starting over again.

My goal is to be down 15-20lbs by Christmas.

Replies

• CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    congrats are starting over! But I have to ask, you plan on losing 20 lbs in less than 2 months? You don't appear to be obese, I'd say that is an unhealthy goal.
  • moxleye
    moxleye Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Oh I have plenty of extra pounds to loose. My recommended weight my Dr thinks I should aim towards is 130 I currently weight 165 :(
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    That is a big goal... especially with 2 holidays in there.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Welcome to day 2 of the rest of your life. You can lose the weight but don't get discouraged if it doesn't come off as quick as you want. For exercise have you thought of taking the kids with you or going to a park or play ground and running around them as they play?
  • mom2kpr
    mom2kpr Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss & good luck! More importantly - congrats on getting out of an abusive relationship. That is the healthiest thing you could do!
  • astralpictures
    astralpictures Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    The only problem with setting a goal that lofty is that it's very hard to lose 20 pounds in less than 2 months based on your current weight. IF you don't hit your goal, please don't get discouraged! I've done this myself in the past by saying I wanted to lose X amount of pounds in X time. When I didn't meet the goal (or even come close), I'd get discouraged and quit.

It's good to give yourself a goal, but just be flexible that if you don't reach it by your date, then it's OKAY and you'll continue working towards it until you do reach it. Because it seems like a range of 8-12 pounds would be a better bet for a healthy loss.