WANTED: Easy and Healthy Crock Pot Recipes!

Options
jsecret
jsecret Posts: 606 Member
I'd love to have you guys share with me what you use for easy crock pot recipes! Whether it be some kind of pot roast, soup, chili, chicken? Let's hear them! It's always nice to come home a a fully cooked warm meal as those winter days start heading our way!

Replies

• jenielee
    jenielee Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Crockpot Fajitas

1 pkg boneless/skinless chicken thighs
    1 large onion (cut in half then sliced)
    1-2 bell peppers (sliced)
    1/2 pkg fajita seasoning (I use Great Value and only 1/2 a pkg because it has a little heat to it)
    1T lime juice (optional)

Cook on high 4 hrs or on low for 6-8 hrs. It will be very juicy. You can simply drain the juice off, saving it for later use (I've used it, with added water or chicken broth to make rice) or add a bit of potato flakes to it to thicken it.

Serve with corn or flour tortillas and your favorite fajitas toppings.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    http://heavling.blogspot.com/2010/04/butternut-squash-and-lentil-casserole.html

Lots of intresting recipes! and the young lady on their has lost over 100lbs!
  • rundgrenfan
    Options
    http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

This mom did her version of "Julie and Julia" but with the crockpot and of course now has a cookbook out -- but the website is very good and she still adds recipes once in a while. There are lots of soups and while nothing is specifically low cal (although she is gluten free), most of these would be about portion control or tweaking the recipe to make it healthier for you. I love my crock pot -- I have a brisket in there right now.
  • sallyLunn
    sallyLunn Posts: 381
    Options
    I am wishing that I had something in MY crock pot right now.
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Options
    Bump for later:bigsmile:
  • tesshaney
    tesshaney Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    http://heavling.blogspot.com/2010/04/butternut-squash-and-lentil-casserole.html

Lots of intresting recipes! and the young lady on their has lost over 100lbs!

Great Recipes! Thanks for sharing this link
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Morning!

Oh so many awesome threads on this very topic in the archives on here, you'll be thrilled to see the variety! :wink: :flowerforyou:

Just click in Crockpot, slowcooker anything related to that and threads will pop up like crazy, so if you run out of ideas on here, there are many from past threads.

Have fun and I'm gonna check back myself on this thread to see what comes up here:wink::tongue:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    You and me both....so awesome to come home to because it makes life soo much easier!:drinker:
  • tesshaney
    tesshaney Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I just got a crock pot and I would love some low calorie veggie recipes as well. Ive only used mine once.
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    You and me both....so awesome to come home to because it makes life soo much easier!:drinker:

:) My crockpot is on, the food is in, and I'm counting down the hours to get home to a nice dinner! It just makes life so much easier which is why I got this idea! I'll check into some of the older posts and repost recipes I find interesting on here as well, I really need to start getting more use out of my crockpot! I'm already a huge fan of my George Foreman grill :)
  • ginnyroxx
    ginnyroxx Posts: 763
    Options
    Chili

brown 1 pound ground turkey - I use the extra lean
    drain meat and set aside
    chop and sautee onions, bell pepper, celery, zucchini, jalapeno pepper
    add meat back in
    add in:
    .5 tsp sugar
    1 tsp salt
    1 tbs garlic powder
    1 tbs chili powder
    1 tbs cayenne pepper
    .5 tsp black pepper
    mix well - cover and let sit for 1 hour - sometimes I mix it and just put it in the crock pot directly if I'm low on time
    put mixture into your crockpot
    add in:
    28oz crushed tomatoes - less if you don't like it as runny
    14 oz tomato puree
    1 can chili beans
    1 can kidney beans
    cook on high for 3 hours
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Options
    Whoo hoo! I love my crockpot...