Looking for some buddies to join me in my journey !!

Options
I have lurked around MFP for a while, but this is the first time I am posting. I am looking for some friends to join me, support me, provide advice, whatever, while I struggle to get healthy.

I have a long history of weight issues, but I am more determined than ever.

I have just started up on mediweightloss after a short break, but I am looking for people like me, short with a lot to lose to interact with. I am 5'2 -- 209lbs... Do a low carb/low cal high protein, with supplements diet... I'd love to connect with anyone who might be in a similar situation.

Replies

• GrimmJKA
    Options
    You can add me if you want. I can help support you with your journey.
  • soulsnette
    soulsnette Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You can add me also. I'm 5'3 and 235 with 90 or so pounds to lose.
  • angie007az
    angie007az Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like. 5"6" and weighed in this morning at 191.7#s. My goal is to get down to the 130's so it's gonna be a while.
  • Carolkokie
    Options
    Hi , you can add me It's my first day to start a diet , I'd like to support you too and have you as a friend in this journey :)
  • shellylb52
    shellylb52 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    You may add me :smile: I am 5' 1" with about 70 pounds to lose!
  • mhussey14
    mhussey14 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am 4'11 and was 200lbs when I started. I am down 8 lbs already! I started nearly 3 weeks ago. Still have another 32lbs to go for my goal. We can definitely help cheer each other on if you like.
  • Triciad811
    Triciad811 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    i am 5'2" and still have over 40 to lose!
  • Kris_Marx
    Options
    Thank you all for reaching out!! It feels awesome to know that I am not alone in this.
  • mjkdj
    mjkdj Posts: 1
    Options
    I too have played around with the site before but have never posted or had any buddies for encouragement. I have lots of pounds to go. I lose 20 and gain 20 and have been doing this for about 2 years now. At my heaviest I was 280. I've been down to 235, but currently weigh 260....uggg!!! I have got to get this under control!!!
  • Kris_Marx
    Options
    I too have played around with the site before but have never posted or had any buddies for encouragement. I have lots of pounds to go. I lose 20 and gain 20 and have been doing this for about 2 years now. At my heaviest I was 280. I've been down to 235, but currently weigh 260....uggg!!! I have got to get this under control!!!

I know what you mean. After struggling forever, i know that I need a means of accountability. I joined mediweightloss ( i know there are a lot of strong opinions about it on this board) but so far it is the only thing working for me. This is the longest I've been able to consistently lose weight . It really helps knowing that someone else is watching my progress, and not judging, but encouraging me. MFP is just another way for me to do that. I'd love to buddy up, and offer any support or advice I can!!
  • kaymswenson
    Options
    Anyone here is welcome to follow me! I have about 45 lbs to lose. I'm 5'2 and 160lbs. I am doing Bob Harper's "Skinny Rules" and finding some success. I'm looking for accountability buddies too! :)