It was really this simple the whole time?

Options

Replies

• MandyVeedoll
    MandyVeedoll Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    RIGHT!!!! "Eat less, move more, give a damn" Great words! Congratulations on your success, keep it up and thanks for sharing your story.
  • annieconverse
    Options
    Amazing!! Losing weight can feel so overwhelming, but your progress not only lets you know it's possible for you to do it, but you inspire the rest of us too! Way to go!!
  • evilfairies
    evilfairies Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! I look up to people like you who were in the situation I'm in right now and have been able to pull through and make a difference. Feel free to add me if you'd like! :)
  • onedayatatime410
    onedayatatime410 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You are awesome!!!! Thanks for sharing your story and it's great that you know you have control of this. Can't wait to see your progress :)
  • glenette1
    glenette1 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I can relate to this 100%!
  • davidlo421
    davidlo421 Posts: 144
    Options
    THAT'S AWESOME!!!! THERES NO STOPPING YOU NOW TAKE THIS NEWLY FOUND SWAGGER AND RUN WITH IT..
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Exactly! Way to do something great for yourself! Feel free to add me if you would like your a special lady i can tell :) i love your additude
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your awesome post! Congratulations on your weight Loss! 40 pounds--that's amazing!

Enjoyed your story! You are really an excellent writer. I can just envision you slipping that donut in your purse. Glad those days are behind you!
  • ZombieEarhart
    ZombieEarhart Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement! Reading your replies has been overwhelming and wonderful :)
  • onetoughchick71
    Options
    I got a good giggle from your story, (Only because I have done some of the things you have) :) This is my first day on here and it's great to see a story like yours come to life. I wish you continued happiness!
  • sanibelshell
    sanibelshell Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You have a great attitiude and lots of motivation. Your success so far will be your continued motivation. Enjoy how much better you feel and how much better clothes look on you now. Think back to when you started and how fast that time went. What helped me is I kept reminding myself that one bite of something tastes exactly the same as all the other bites- and stopped at one if it was a treat. My husband is a meat and potatoes kinda guy that gets on the scale with work boots, keys and change in his pokets and all his clothes on! I cooked his meals and mine and was OK with that. I was happy with my success and was motivated to keep on no matter what- NO EXCUSES! I will never forget the morning I got on the scale and the first number was a 1. I always thought I would do the happy dance, but I just stared at it and almost started crying. You will do it too- keep us posted!
  • mccluskeybl
    mccluskeybl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Wow, how inspiring and I can relate! I sat in my doctor's office crying about how heavy I had gotten. I wasn't going to social events or stopping in to see my husband at work as I just didn't feel physically good about myself. My friend is here and started this and I decided to try it! I DO FEEL in control. Amazing, exciting and worth it!
    Congrats to you!!!
  • azmiz
    azmiz Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your encouraging post. "Eat less, move more, pay attention, give a damn" is my new mantra! Congratulations on your fantastic progress.
  • bttrthanevr
    bttrthanevr Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Wow, how inspiring and I can relate! I sat in my doctor's office crying about how heavy I had gotten. I wasn't going to social events or stopping in to see my husband at work as I just didn't feel physically good about myself. My friend is here and started this and I decided to try it! I DO FEEL in control. Amazing, exciting and worth it!
    Congrats to you!!!

^^ :flowerforyou:
  • SlimSumday
    SlimSumday Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    You go girl!!! :drinker:
  • onedayatatime410
    onedayatatime410 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Awesome, keep on trucking :)
  • hemmymomma
    hemmymomma Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I know right !!! Congrats on your weight loss !!! It feels fabulous to achieve your goals !!
  • PippiNe
    PippiNe Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I agree, I never realized it would be this easy to lose the weight that held the skinny me "prisoner" for twelve years. I spread the word about this website every time someone comments on how great I look now. I hope to help as many people as possible to discover this amazing site!
  • Chris_B62
    Chris_B62 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    .......For the first time in my life my blood pressure was high. My Dr. Was suggesting a sleep study to check for sleep apnea. I was exhausted all the time, could barely walk a flight of stairs. I was so moody and sad all the time that I was close to asking to try anti-depressants.......well, it turns out I've actually tried nothing. I've half-heartedly attempted: cutting carbs (lasted about a week), walking more.......in reality I was always just waiting for some special thing to 'click' for me, and the weight to magically drift away.
    I'm with you. I have sleep apnea, wear a CPAP, DM-II, ALWAYS short of breath w/ any minimal exertion and have only half-assed attempted losing the weight I have known all along is killing me. I took control this past October. Have lost 17 Lbs w/ about a hundred more to go. AND, a week ago fell below the 300# mark for the first time in over 5 years. I'm already feeling better and I'm PUMPED about it!
  • doitforabby
    doitforabby Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Bump