HCG diet - if it works for you, great! It's working for me!

Options
I have seen a number of posts that warn about this diet. If you follow the protocol carefully, as I have, you will begin to see results immediately. Everyone has a different way of coping with their weight loss. Let's support each other instead of continuing to be negative as we often encounter in life.

I have 100 pounds to lose in 10 months so that I can stand comfortably next to 2 stick people, er, I mean bridesmaids. Wish me luck!

Replies

• LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I wish you the best of luck! :happy:
  • Bellydance
    Bellydance Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Oh this stick people........LOL.....I don't know much about the diet but if you would like to email me about it I'd love to know. Good losing to you!
  • rckola911
    rckola911 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    my friend did this and she lost alot of weight. However her diet called for 500 calories a day? I found it to be crazy. Not sure if she picked that number or if the diet called for it.
  • tatiana_13
    Options
    I hear you. I personally think everyone has to find what works for them. I'm a confirmed low-carber...only thing that has ever worked for me long term. But, if being a vegan, following a macrobiotic diet, or the HCG diet is what someone else is choosing, good for them. If it works for them, great. And if it isn't going to work for them, they will figure it out eventually anyway, right? I know lots of energetic, thin vegan athletes, but after trying it for 3 months, I found it didn't work for me. Maybe it works for alot of people, but not for me. So, there. I figured it out. No preaching from deer hunters necessary....

Isn't letting people find their own truths just the simplest thing ever?

Cheers!
  • BrendaKayS
    Options
    I totally agree that you have to do what works for YOU! We each have different tastes, lifestyles, schedules, preferences, etc.. The most weight I ever lost in my life was 100 lbs with the slimfast plan and I kept it off until I got pregnant and totally gave it up (which would have probably been my downfall with ANYTHING even calorie counting). The whole time I used it people told me it didn't work...yet it WAS working. Or they'd say "could you eat that way your whole life?" and I was thinking...yes, very much so. Meal replacement always worked great for me. Honestly I could see eating 2 shakes, 3 snacks and a sensible meal forever a lot easier then I could see doing other things like attending meetings, counting, eating low-carb, etc... whatever. But that was ME - some people (heck, a lot of people) would be miserable on it...then it's not for them!

Whether it's clean eating, vegan eating, calorie counting, points, meal plans, portion control. whatever --- if you are working a program and making it work then stick with it!
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Anyone looking for info or support for HCG, please come to the MFP HCG support thread:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/125920-hcg-progress-updates-page-2-for-people-on-it-or-thinking-a?page=12#posts-1755436
  • nicdopson27
    Options
    hi im new to this (my fitness pal) nd just been readin that the diet u r on has fast results... can u give me ne advice where i can find out about it please... ive been healthy eatin now for bout 7 weeks nd run a diet nd coffee mornin ... nd have lost 10lbs .. but really want to drop 10lbs by the 4th november.. i wouldnt usually do ne thing drastic but first girls night out since 2004 nd want it to be special.. please give me some advice .. hopefully it will work for me too .. thankyou xx
  • mbenati
    mbenati Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started on the HCG 22 days ago and have lost 25 lbs. It requires a lot of discipline, but I feel incredible and have not experienced any side effects. The food groups and exercise were tricky at first, but the Myfitnesspal tool has been an invaluable tool in tracking my calories and foods!
    :happy:
  • tsmamma
    tsmamma Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi all - I'm in the evening of my second loading day, and I am so uncomfortably full, that the idea of a diet is WONDERFUL!! I'm quite sure that will change soon - haha. Am a little nervous about the VLCD, as I am a "craver" extrodinnaire! My weight is a result of out of control cravings, not so much hunger or emotional eating or anything like that. Anyway, so many people have had such success on this diet, and with the appetite suppressants and supplements my Dr. has prescribed concurrently, I have high hopes!!!

5624947.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • mbenati
    mbenati Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey the HCG diet is great! I am doing my second course to get rid of weight I gained after a severe sinus infection( had to take steroids and antibiotics and gained about 14 lbs. But began loosing and am keeping steadfast!