It was really this simple the whole time?

Options
1235»

Replies

• Foodorlife
    Foodorlife Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    How inspirational ;)
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    "Need to lose 45 lbs? There's an app for that..."
  • roosterfish81
    roosterfish81 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I loved reading this! You remind me of me :)
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are awesome! Thank you for the inspiration - keep up the awesome work :)
  • acegreen50
    Options
    It's just got to be the right time, my daughter uses MFP and has lost 73 kilos I've tried many times but this time it just seems right.
  • MissRikki03
    Options
    So motivating! Thanks for this.
  • lcbowz
    lcbowz Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Congrats! This is very inspirational and thank you for the courage to share. I feel the same way, this app has helped change my life, as well as fitbit and Jillian Michaels workout DVDs. I have a long way to go, but I'm feeling great. A problem I'm having is losing hair now. I'm changing my vitamins to try and help lessen the hair loss. Country Life, Essential Life (very similar to the Jillian Michaels recommended vitamins) plus their Hair Max supplements.

Keep up the fantastic work! You will succeed in wearing lots of pretty dresses!
  • punkyjones
    punkyjones Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Great job!! You inspire me!
  • ruthlesswr
    ruthlesswr Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Love your attitude! Good for you.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    This makes me so happy to read. It is simple. It is not easy. The weeks that you see no scale movement are hard. Many other circumstances are hard. It is easier to say 'this isn't working' and give up. It is great to see that you stayed with it through the ups and downs, and have come through. You are an inspiration to all. Thank-you for sharing your story.
  • KerryITD
    KerryITD Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    "I thought- I've tried everything and nothing's worked! Uh, well, it turns out I've actually tried nothing. "

^^^this. SO my problem too. I have to keep telling myself--just *thinking* about trying to lose weight isn't *doing* anything about it. :)
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

I cannot believe it took an ipad app to make me realise that the answer all along was eat less, move more, pay attention, give a damn. For the first time, I know I am going to lose the weight that's bogged me down for 30 years, because it's just simple math! I literally cannot fail. I have never felt so in control of my life, so confident in my abilities, so hopeful about my future.

^^I cannot agree more! Overweight or obese my entire life!!! Finally getting it under control! My iPhone and two little apps (MFP and 5K Runner) have totally changed my life!!! Congratulations!!! All I can say for you and for me..."Welcome to the rest of your life!! Enjoy!" :-)

I am so proud of both of you!
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!! PREACH IT!!!

:drinker: :happy:
  • expoduck
    Options
    Seriously inspirational stuff!

I've been at a plateau for the last couple of months, and do you know what the cause is? Complacency. I know it, and I knew it all along.

Stealing some of your determination. Hope you don't mind.

Keep up the awesomeness! :drinker:
  • lucystacy71
    lucystacy71 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Amazing story! You are an inspiration!
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options

...... answer all along was eat less, move more, pay attention, give a damn.
    Well said, and congrats on the weight loss.
  • hdyanneh
    Options
    Congrats. Love ur story! Its mine too...85 days in today...22lbs down... If I had known it would be this easy Id have done this yrs ago.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I love this story and you are so right. It IS easy as long as you have the tenacity and dedication to keep at it.