Didn't fit on a rollercoaster ride

Options
So I went to sea world yesterday, and I went to get on the manta rollercoaster ride. The ride attendant tried three times to push the bar down over me, but it wouldn't go. My big belly is just too big. Much to my horror, the ride was held up because of me, and the attendant told me (kindly) to exit. They have me a front of the line pass for the next visit, I turned and walked away not daring to look back because I know people were looking at me. How embarrassing. I wanted to cry so bad. I didn't even tell my husband I am so embarrassed. I didn't realize how big I've become since having two boys (2&1/2 and 2 months)
My husband is going on a deployment very soon and I want so badly to lose as much as possible while he's away for six months. I envision a total transformation, and his surprised face when he sees me for the first time after we are reunited. It seems like it'll never happen though. I always procrastinate with working out and eating healthy. I need to lose this!
Currently 270
Goal weight 130

Replies

• ProfessorCurlz
    Options
    You have a lot of time to make some major body changes. And for him to be away, that is motivating, and will help keep you on track. 6 months can move by fast, so get going!! <3
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    then you will if you want it bad enough you will achieve your goal
  • rachelerwin
    rachelerwin Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    This happened to me in April 2012. It was definitely an aha moment. At the time I was over 300 pounds. So far I am down 150 pounds. You can defininitely do this. Just start making small changes to begin with. That first step is the hardest. I wish you the best.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    While it is good to find your motivation, it is very important to approach fat loss in a healthy and sustainable way. Please don't let your hope for speedy loss push you into unhealthy low calorie diets or excessive exercise.

You CAN do it. Small changes can add up. Measure and log your portions, get out for a 30 minute walk every day, healthy habits don't happen all at once.
  • zjpq
    zjpq Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    you can do it!! would love to follow along, sent a friend request :)
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    While it is good to find your motivation, it is very important to approach fat loss in a healthy and sustainable way. Please don't let your hope for speedy loss push you into unhealthy low calorie diets or excessive exercise.

You CAN do it. Small changes can add up. Measure and log your portions, get out for a 30 minute walk every day, healthy habits don't happen all at once.

This!! ^^^

Slow and steady leads to a healthy weight loss!!

Good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • DaniNicole321
    Options
    You can do it! And like everyone else said, this is a marathon, not a sprint!
  • hstoblish
    hstoblish Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm really looking forward to the NSV when you come back to tell us that you went on that rollercoaster.

You can do this. Slowly but surely.
  • kathystrauss1
    kathystrauss1 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    You can do it. Make small changes and go slowly to start so you don't burn out. Having a goal for when your husband comes home is great but remember these changes are for life.
  • stillnot2late
    stillnot2late Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    wow, you were only 270 and didn't fit? something seems wrong there? Both my daughters were over 300 before they didn't fit and got kicked off. It happened to one, and then about 5 years later it happened to the other. they took it in stride and laughed and joked about it, but at the same time while laughing, was saying how embarrassed they were. I said to myself "thank you thank you" for the sense of humor they had, cause I can't imagine the hurt they felt. One of them has lost 167 pounds. the other lost only about 30 but she can fit now!:love: You can do this sweetie, just get started and give it your all. when you mess up, erase the error and keep going. lots of love
  • kathystrauss1
    kathystrauss1 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    And you're very brave for telling this story and taking the first step.
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Hasn't happened to me yet but I've come close! I started on MFP at 278 pounds, too, down to 238.2 now (sooooo close to 40 lbs lost!!!). That part about fitting into a roller coaster is actually one of my main goals on my profile page LOL Feel free to add me if you'd like. I've found it inspiring to have others around in similar situations. If you push yourself, you can do something amazing in 6 months but please do some strength training! This has made a bigger difference to my weight loss and physical appearance than anything else. And the earlier you start, the better you'll look when the weight falls off :) You've got this! Go for it!
  • ItzShoTime
    ItzShoTime Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Most of my fat goes to my butt and belly. So the seat was too small for my butt and my belly didn't allow the bar to go down. Thanks for all of the motivation!!! I really need it! :)
  • I had a season pass to Sea World last year and that was the one thing I didn't do there as I heard the stories on size and was scared to try.
  • twinmoon
    twinmoon Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    My heart goes out to you. Don't let some ride bring you down. Let it be your motivation. If I can do this, so can you. I'm an emotional eater, I was depressed, fat, unhealthy. It started with one day of logging, then a week, then a month. Just log, and log accurately. Measure everything.

I'll help you. I have lots of tips and ideas I can share with you, especially for losing stomach fat. Feel free to friend me. You can do this. Your husband will come back, and he won't believe his eyes. You have 6 months. And, thank you and your husband for his service.

Save the pass - you'll be strutting to the front of the line before you know it.
  • karlospiklington
    karlospiklington Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I was at my highest weight about 3 months ago and decided it was time for a change. Radically altering my diet and doing hours of exercise was never going to work for me as I know I just wouldn't be able to sustain that. All I have done for the last 3 months is count calories on MFP and try to do 30 - 60 mins of walking several times a week. Those simple changes added up to at least a 1lb loss every week and sometimes 2lbs. Just from eating within my limits and gentle exercise. 3 months later I have nearly lost a stone. I don't go to the gym, I just do as much walking as possible and sometimes a bit of strength training through fitness videos.

I know it seems overwhelming now but 6 months is a long time. You could easily lose at least a pound a week without drastically changing your lifestyle. Once the first pound is lost it will seem a lot more possible and the motivation will come. Good luck!
  • inverseofmissy
    inverseofmissy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Something similar happened to me when I weighed about 265, so it definitely depends on your proportions, not just your weight. The roller coaster I wanted to ride actually had 2 of the ride's seats on display in front of the entrance so that people could see if they would fit before waiting in line. I told my husband at the time to see if he fit before we got in line (he was a pretty big guy) and he did, then he suggested I check and I thought he was joking! I laughed at him and jumped in the seat... or on the seat... my hips wouldn't fit between the sides of the seat (I wasn't even close)! Even though I wasn't in front of the lines, there were plenty of other people around watching and/or waiting to try the seat themselves. Plus I was mortified based solely on the fact that he fit and I didn't, and I had no clue I was THAT big!! It really ruined the whole trip for me and I was afraid to get in line for anything else the whole day. Fast forward about 7 years and that is a huge motivator for my weight loss- my partner and I want to take our boys to Disney sometime soon but I do not want to experience that kind of embarrassment or have to sit out any rides! Anywho you can totally do this- just start slow and add new stuff in as you get used to your new habits :) I'm sending you a friend request too.
  • michelleLynette
    michelleLynette Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    you can do it..Feel free to add me as a friend. I will support you and cheer you on. Who wants to ride a damn rollercoaster anyways:)
  • Binkie1955
    Binkie1955 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    suggest you start on the low carbohydrate habit. read Gary Taubes 'Good Calories Bad Calories' and get started.
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Great motivation! I agree with the others though about being realistic about your pace of loss. Don't get discouraged if you're not on track to reach your goal weight in six months. You'll get there!!