Fitness Club Question

Options
I'm considering joining a fitness club. In the my community and close to my home are the following:

1. Anytime Ftness,
2. Planet Fitness,
3. FitWorks and
4. Fitness19.

Any recommendations on which to join? Any recommendations on which to avoid?

Thank you for your input.

Replies

• Phildog47
    Phildog47 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I belong to the Y... so can't help you there
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I was a member of Anytime Fitness for awhile. I quit because I could not sustain my job, my commute, and ANYTHING else. The equipment was excellent. The training was fine, and the people were nice. But when you're there at 4 or 5 am, you're alone. That is a bit concerning. Edited to add that if you can be there in reasonable hours that isn't a problem.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    I don't belong to any of them either but suggest you visit each place during the time of day you would normally be working out to get a feel for the place. How crowded is the weight area? Can you find open cardio machines? Do they have fitness classes that might interest you? This sounds superficial, but what do the other people there look like-not are they hot or that but do they look like they are there to work out or pick up people? See if you can get a guest pass at each place and try them out. Folks on here can give their thoughts bout the corporate philosophies of the different gyms but your gym will be different than theirs.
  • kyricus
    kyricus Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I belong to Fitworks, I really like it. However, like pretty much any gym, it can get really crowded right after the 9-5 crowd gets off work.
    Fitworks has some things others don't, which I like. Such as the cardio theater. Still check it out and compare, they can be a bit pricier than some of the other options.