calorie limit

I am trying desperately to hit and maintain a calorie count problem is when I do hit my limit im hungry again later. my biggest problem is im eating only breakfast and lunch and hitting my limit quickly. can anybody help me come up with food ideas to be able to spread my calorie limit to three meals instead of two? my current breakfast selections are eggs(hard boiled or scrambled) sausage or bacon(depending on day) lunch selection is salad bar, generally something fried or sandwiches dinner I will likely have a medium to large bowl of oatmeal or baked chicken. any ideas for good food combinations to hit my 1545 limit? your help is greatly appreciated . stay fabulous

Replies

• GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    I don't know about any specific foods, but I always track my meals in advance so that I can budget my calories evenly throughout the day. Feel free to check out my diary for ideas, but I had my wisdom teeth removed on Friday, so ignore the last 5 days.
  • your food list makes me hungry :D almond milk is bliss gave me great ideas too
  • tscala82
    tscala82 Posts: 1 Member
    Try supplementing in more fresh veggies for snacks, could always jazz it up with some ranch of something if you need to. I use egg beaters insetad of eggs, way more for less calories. A turkey bacon swap would be an easy one.
  • I usually try to keep my meals at about 300 calories. with snacks included at about 100 calories each or less, I can keep my calorie budget pretty good. this is for a calorie need of 1200 calories, though, so your might be different. also, if the calories you are eating are healthy ones ie: fruits, veggies, lean protein, etc, then your calories being high is actually ok. also watching your portion control will help because you are not eating as many calories in one sitting.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Track your food in advance and play with it.

If you are having trouble, I would look into cutting out the bacon at breakfast (as much as it pains me to say this) or reducing the amount. For lunch, having something baked, broiled, or steamed instead of fried can help you save calories. But again, track your food for all-day before you eat a thing.
  • ArtemisRuns
    ArtemisRuns Posts: 251 Member
    I have the same problem on days I can't exercise. Can you "earn" some extra calories through exercise? It has all kinds of other benefits.
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    i also try to plan my diary in advance. my diary's open, feel free to poke around. my snack section is actually two different snacks. i don''t know how many calories you're allotted, but i've had no trouble keeping the hunger at bay.
  • letsdothis180
    letsdothis180 Posts: 8 Member
    Before, I was eating eggs, bacon, hash browns, and coffee with sugar for breakfast. Then, an entree, side, and desert for lunch- maybe with pop. Then, a large hearty dinner- maybe meatballs, bread, rice, and beans. Not to mention the snacking in between..and sugar filled tea. Now, I have a cup of fruit and coffee with equal and cream in the morning and a lean quisine meal for lunch. This leaves a lot of cals left for dinner, which I eat with family so its the biggest meal. I am on a rigorous 1200 limit (which I rarely stay under). I try to keep the early meals between 200 and 300 cals. Im actually finding that I'm not all that hungry. I had to get out of the mindset that eating food is something to fill time and to enjoy- not that you cant enjoy what you are eating, but don't choose the brownie over the soup because it looks so delish. You have to make better choices and realize food is just fuel to keep you going. You only need enough to stay healthy and to have energy.
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 674 Member
    You can look at my diary, it's open. I try to get about 300 calories per meal and around 200 per snack (I eat 6 x a day). Lately I have been over but you can get the general idea from the individual meals. I always pre-cook and measure everything. I plan my days in advance and carry a lunch bag to work. I also don't mind eating the same foods every day for a week or more at a time though.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    I am trying desperately to hit and maintain a calorie count problem is when I do hit my limit im hungry again later. my biggest problem is im eating only breakfast and lunch and hitting my limit quickly. can anybody help me come up with food ideas to be able to spread my calorie limit to three meals instead of two? my current breakfast selections are eggs(hard boiled or scrambled) sausage or bacon(depending on day) lunch selection is salad bar, generally something fried or sandwiches dinner I will likely have a medium to large bowl of oatmeal or baked chicken. any ideas for good food combinations to hit my 1545 limit? your help is greatly appreciated . stay fabulous

Avoid the fried food (nothing wrong with it, just calorie dense) and get bulk into your diet from veggies.