Personal Issues Causing Backsliding... Please Help

Options
Hello all,

This is my story:

I have issues... lol. I had my baby girl in June of last year and had gained 50 pounds with the pregnancy (from 153 to 200). I did Insanity (not the first time) about 5 weeks after I had her and almost completed the program before I injured my rib area (costchondritis). I took a bit of time off, at this time my weight was almost at prepregnancy about 10 pounds over (165). I healed from the injury and had less episodes of pain and went on to work out some more... then there were some major family crises, to include legal (on my spouses part), relationship and financial issues. Because of the nature of these issues I can not go into detail, but we can just say that it kept me from doing my regular job in the military for three months, kept me from working out and caused me to lose 15 pounds because of my lack of eating/sleep (150). I was at prepregnancy weight by the end of this time. Woohoo! I was convinced that this was the way to go... I had issues with purging and the desire to be ultra skinny (due to my huge drop in body image confidence...cheating husband). Relationship issues smoothed out, I gained a stronger relationship with Christ and tried to be healthier, upon gaining back some of the weight (back to 160) and beginning to eat better I started insanity again.

I completed insanity with another episode of costochondritis (extreme pain in the ribcage) and back to lower than pre-pregnancy weight (149). I took a couple of months off due to the health issues and am trying to get back into it.

I still have a terrible relationship with food (my food diary yesterday = 1 cup of m&ms in the morning... only thing at my desk, and denying myself food until after work because i felt so guilty and terrible). And my issues with working out are still there because I have to be careful not to cause my ribs to hurt again.

On top of that the legal stuff if still looming... and relationship stuff is still healing... and I am having to get checked out over and over again for aggressive pre-cancerous indicators...

Suffice to say since August I have gained about 5-8 pounds or so (around 156), give or take a bit.

I would like to get back to being healthy, seeing myself as beautiful and enjoying working out.

Any support, buddies or friends would be most helpful! Thanks!

Replies

• anglxanadu27
    Options
    Request sent :) I have an issue with drinking which I am trying to curb so...let's support each other :D
  • nostress123
    Options
    Thanks for the support
  • vinny76063
    vinny76063 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Ouch chocolates are hard for me too!!! Keep some almonds buy your desk instead
  • nostress123
    Options
    Good idea!
  • nostress123
    Options
    I don't like nuts though
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    Yum M&Ms. I've been eating my way through my son's Halloween stash of them.

I can't eat nuts either. How about getting some low cal granola bars or something similar to keep at your desk. You can add some fibre and maybe get a chocolate fix at the same time.

You can do this!!
  • Marsidote
    Marsidote Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I have plenty of issues, myself ;) Sending request. I too have eaten through my daughter's Halloween candy! Oye!
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    It seems like there's a lot of stuff going on in your life that is out of your control. The ONE thing you can control is what you put into your body, and just keeping control of that will make your world, which seems to be spinning out of control, so much more manageable.

I eat a small bfast at home before work, then have a morning snack around 10, which is usually a Luna bar or something like that. I bring a lunch (usually around 400 cals or so) every day and eat with coworkers. I have an afternoon snack at around 3:30 (greek yogurt and fruit usually). I work out right when I get home, then my bf or I will cook a good, hearty but healthy dinner. We usually grill some meat and have it with grilled/steamed veggies or a big salad. A little ice cream sandwich later while watching TV, and you've got yourself a great day!
  • CaHusker
    Options
    Cup of unsalted almonds, and if you like them, try dry roasted soy nuts. Keep in a small jar in your desk. Don't punish your self by not eating, you will go into starvation mode and when you east, your body will trap most of the food calories and store as fat. Be happy, and just keep going North in your goals.
  • CaHusker
    Options
    Oops, didn't see you didn't like nuts. ok its apple season. slice up a couple of apples and put into baggies and take them to work.
    apples = natures candy
  • ChristineinMA
    ChristineinMA Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    My recommendation? Get some support for yourself in the form of a therapist or a support group. Any of those items are a lot to deal with, but in combination they are really tough! :cry:

I have been in individual therapy for a crappy childhood and marital difficulties. I belonged to an eating disorder support group for a while for bingers (like me), exercise bulimics and purgers. None of it was a magic bullet, but all of it helped in just having a safe place to process a lot of feelings that I thought would overwhelm me.

I have learned (and still will continue to learn) how to love myself and feed myself and not stuff my uncomfortable feelings.

I am not saying you are crazy or eating disordered, but rather there is a limit to what one person can handle on their own - it is okay to lean on others in tough times.

Feel free to message me!
  • Kasmira0004
    Kasmira0004 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Request sent. :)