Hi - I'm Metairie - Finally back on the wagon again! :)

Options
:bigsmile:
Hello! I have done many rounds of the track my fitness thing, but have had some events recently that made it apparent that my mental health was failing because I wasn't taking care of myself. I used every excuse in the book to make it like my problems with my body were someone else's issue. I have my truth now, and know that only I can make myself feel better! Its needed. SO, I'm back at it with renewed sense of purpose!

I distinctly recall several moments over the last several years that I have said, " I am SO SICK of being here". "Here" being a relative term to refer to my state of mind, my state of self loathing, my general state. As well as being SO sick, because I was and am litterally making myself sick with how i have been treating my body. I have been sick more often in the last 5 years than I care to admit - it just feels like a continue cycle of feeling ill. I will NOT do this to myself any longer!!! (a daily montra when I reach for the Chocolate dipped Oreos whenever I'm stressed.)

So hello! I hope I can be a source of motivation to you, just like maybe some of you will be to me.

Peace. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• mom2fabfive
    mom2fabfive Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Congratulations for taking the steps to take care of you! I would be happy to support and motivate you in your journey to a healthier you! Tara
  • vinny76063
    vinny76063 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Get after it, the mental part of it is huge!!!!!!!!!! Sounds like you have determination! Stay motivated
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!
    My story was like yours. I must have started and stopped tracking 50 times! I am determined this time and it's paying off. You can do this!
  • padams2359
    padams2359 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Only 25 miles from you. Do it for you. Even the complements you get from other people are about you. They just validate you are on the right path.
  • Nimbus5000
    Nimbus5000 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Well done for taking this important step :-)

My little tip is to keepto that well used saying of loving yourself. Care for your body, including your brain, and it will care for you, as well as the people you love, back. It's important to feel proud and happy about yourself throughout the journey not simply once you reach your "ideal" weight.

Please add me as a friend, I'm looking to lose a stone by the end of February and would be so grateful of some moral support.

Best wishes :-)
  • Roger8086
    Options
    Welcome back! Some of us are in the same boat. There's an old axiom: that which is measured improves. When I haven't been tracking, the weight has come back. So you are on the right track!
  • lazer684
    lazer684 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Welcome back. I am back on the wagon too. I fell off for about 5 months. & by falling off I mean I wouldn't even keep track of what or how much I was eating. So, I'm back. I'm going to try to log every day, even if I'm over my allotted calories. Good luck to you!