Night time munchies

Options
I very healthy (egg whites, lean protein, plenty of fruits and veggies) during the day, and manage to feel full. But after supper, which is typically a lean protein and a salad, I can't seem to feel satisfied. I haven't given in to any cravings yet, but they are definitely worse at night than during the day. Does anyone else have this issue?

Replies

• climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    At night sometimes I'll get out of bed and start eating without even being fully awake. I don't keep any "binge danger" foods in my house anymore. Wayyy too easy to accidentally 500 calories.

I pack and pre-log my food for the next work day and will snack from those. That way if I eat a lot at night, I don't get to eat as much the next day. It seems to be helping a little bit so far... >__<
  • emeraldvssilver
    emeraldvssilver Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I always feel like having snacks at night! It's really frustrating.

But since I live by myself my solution is to simply not buy it. If you don't buy it then you can't eat it. If I want to eat at night the only way I can is to make a full meal and since that's a lot of effort for a midnight snack I end up not eating anything.

The other thing you could do is to leave a few calories spare. If you leave enough calories for that snack then you won't feel guilty about eating it cause you won't be going over your calorie goal.
  • Justhowfitcananoldchickget
    Options
    When I sit down at night to watch tv, I have the hardest time not raiding the kitchen cabinets for "stuff" to eat. I am new to this site and repeating weight loss again with a different attitude but evenings are hard for me. I love carrots so that can take care of the "crunchies." I'm considering getting a sketch pad, notebook, anything to have on hand to do something while the television is going. I also moved my recumbant bike in the living room. It reminds me I need to move instead of eat. If anyone else has any ideas, I too, need some help for evenings.
  • californiabella
    Options
    I have that same issue as well.

Before joining MFP, all of my calories used to be eaten at the end of the day. I attributed my night time cravings due to that fact alone.. but started wondering, "Am I just thirsty?" or "Am I eating ENOUGH?" or "Am I on target with my macros?" or "Did I exercise too much and not eat back my calories?"

so..."BUMP" because I have yet to find a solution to always being hungry at night despite loading up on protein and fibrous veggies.
  • karabasik
    karabasik Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Well, I feel your pain... I am here with you. I am sooooo good during any day: I am awake at around 3.30-4 am, have my herbal tea (sometimes with a spoon of PB) go to work , drink my water (around 15 cups), and eat my cottage cheese or Greek yogurt after 2 pm. I come home around 6.30 (during my day, I walk, I walk a lot, around 11-15 miles per day 7 times a week) eat my healthy dinner around 7-7.30. I go to bed around 10pm. Between 7.30 and 10.......... GRRRRRR ......
    I told you, I FEEL your pain...
    What helps me? Well, herbal /berry/chocolate tea, being busy, being upset (I do not eat when I am stressed out), apple , exercise .