The official not going to gain weight over the holidays

Options
Alright ladies and gents. With the holidays just around the corner, we are in the midst of the most difficult time of year to maintain or lose the fat. Lets not be the one who make the same ole dog and pony show commitment to lose weight for the following year.

Lets be the ones who eat, drink and be mary but with a conservative touch.

It will be tough but I vow not to gain any weight between now and Jan 1st and expect to be at least 10 lbs lighter.

Replies

• thom2369
    thom2369 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about this as well! I will be away from my family and home in the states and living in a foreign country so I will just be dreaming of all the delicious things people will be eating in the US. It is kind of a good thing because when there are so many home cooked meals and sweets in the house it is hard not to resist and fall back into old habits. I wish every one good luck in this holiday season! let's lose some weight while we are at it.
  • thom2369
    Options
    Only two people are thinking about this subject?? hehe

Let's ask a question.

What is the holiday food you ALWAYS overeat?

Mine is probably the mashed potatoes and gravy, and Christmas cookies. mmmm
  • Doctorpurple
    Doctorpurple Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    In the past, I never really have issues with eating in moderation during the holidays so I can easily maintain but this year I'm planning to lose so I will eat with deficit which can be challenging. So I'm joining this club to not gain and to lose 5 lbs from now till jan. 1
  • thom2369
    Options
    In the past, I never really have issues with eating in moderation during the holidays so I can easily maintain but this year I'm planning to lose so I will eat with deficit which can be challenging. So I'm joining this club to not gain and to lose 5 lbs from now till jan. 1

Oh, I see. Good luck! It will be challenging to eat at a defecit at this time! But sounds like you have good self control. hehe
  • emeraldvssilver
    emeraldvssilver Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    No thanksgiving in England, thank goodness cause I've no idea how hard it will be to not over eat. But for Christmas I've decided that it's going to be a 3 day eating celebration. I'm going to only eat crappy christmas food on christmas eve, christmas day and boxing day. Instead of pigging out for the whole 2 weeks.
  • oliviawink
    oliviawink Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    HECK YES!!!!!!!!!! Great idea and I am certainly NOT going to gain weight over the holidays. Actually the gift I plan to give myself for christmas is to hit maintenance after 2 years of working to lose weight. Doing this!!!!!!!!
  • LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I will never have that resolution again to lose weight in the new year. Now its all about what can i do to make the new year better.

As for the holiday food and weight gain...i may gain a pound or two ( the scale does that on its own with fluctuations) but, i will not allow the excuse of a holiday to go hog wild and eat what i want.

I decided last Christmas holiday that i would only splurge and enjoy the things that i only get that time of year. I can have sugar cookies any time so i dont need them at every party and i can have mashed potatoes if i want them but i never get the special potato dish someone makes but once a year. So the holidays are not free reign to eat whatever you want...its the same as any other time....just make your choices wisely and enjoy in moderation the things you love with no guilt.

For me it will be the dessert...someone always makes something i cannot resist each holiday.
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    I am right there with the motivation to continue my current eating and exercise habits. I gained some over the summer after maintaining for 6 months. I am on my way to getting it off and don't want the holidays to get in the way of my success. I will think about every social situation prior to the event and have my strategy ready. I need a fast answer for why I don't want the wine or to taste the whatever goodie was made. I also have been known to take a fake sip or a nibble and throw the rest out. Yes, we can do this.