I can't believe how hard it is...

Options
To eat so many calories, I know it sounds completely crazy going from eating sooo much junk all day to eating just a few things and not having any more of an appetite. I am actually worried I will end up starving myself I just have had close to no desire to eat. I know when I need food cause I can feel it but I only need a little just to feel satisfied. I'm now realizing my body requires little "meals" throughout the entire day. I guess I'm more high maintenance than I thought! :tongue:

Replies

• Rogsman
    Rogsman Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Healthy food rocks. I read posts of folks starving all the time, but when I look in the open logs I see "Doritos" or "Cracker with peanut butter". /sigh. I'm not kidding, start watching. Meanwhile I'm eating twice as much as I ever ate in my life on a deficit, daily ice cream included.

You got the right idea, divide it into many meals and you're never hungry. I do Breakfast/Snack/Lunch/Snack/Dinner/Snack.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I had a quick look at your diary and you are eating all "low fat" and diet versions of foods you don't need to do that with. Eat real whole full fat foods and it won't take anymore food just a regular version of what you're already having. Also add in more nuts and avocado.
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    The calories that you've logged for the past few days are looking pretty low.

If you're having trouble eating your calorie goal (and you should definitely aim to MEET that goal every day, both for energy and nutrition), there's no reason why you can't eat some of the foods you ate before. There are no "right" or "wrong" foods to eat. I absolutely believe in eating plenty of whole, nutritionally dense foods (fruits, veggies, whole grains, lean proteins), but as long as you're in a calorie deficit, there's no reason why you can't eat high calorie "unhealthy" foods as well.

Things like nut butters, olive oil, avocado, nuts/seeds, butter, and cheese can easily bump up your calories without adding much volume, and choosing regular versions of foods rather than lite or low fat options will add calories as well.

But there is nothing I have eliminated from my diet since I started in January. I eat plenty of "healthy" foods, but I also eat things like pizza and french fries, I drink beer occasionally, and I have dessert and treats regularly. I just aim to eat a balanced diet and work everything into my calories for the day.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    whachu talkin bout willis?

chuckle_zpsa6673656.gif
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Is that a qtip in your mouth?
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    choosing regular versions of foods rather than lite or low fat options will add calories as well.

It'll add taste, too. Light & low fat foods taste like a cross between nothing & cardboard.
  • jalisaruss
    Options
    I had a quick look at your diary and you are eating all "low fat" and diet versions of foods you don't need to do that with. Eat real whole full fat foods and it won't take anymore food just a regular version of what you're already having. Also add in more nuts and avocado.

I honestly am enjoying the low fat foods and I'm avoiding a lot of sugar which is another reason why I opt for sugar free low fat etc; Plus right now I'm limited with my budget on what foods i can buy. so right now it's being creative with what I have in my cupboards. :) also, almonds <3 sounds like a good plan.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    ....that's what she said
  • jalisaruss
    Options
    Is that a qtip in your mouth?

it's a lollipop stick, it was so good I had to chew the stick too. :/
  • ChrisM32205
    ChrisM32205 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    ....that's what she said

haha I thought the same thing.
  • paxbfl
    paxbfl Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I second the idea of eating more meals. I eat 5 meals a day, and LOVE it because I'm always just a few hours from another meal. I work out first thing in the morning, eat breakfast around 9, lunch at noon, afternoon snack at 3, dinner at 5:30, evening snack around 8.

It works better for me to have dinner be like a "double" meal, and lunch is like 1.5 meals. So you divide up your goal based on that and go to town. It works well and you feel a lot better - no hunger, no feeling stuffed after a big meal, no energy peaks and valleys.

Good luck!
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options

I honestly am enjoying the low fat foods and I'm avoiding a lot of sugar which is another reason why I opt for sugar free low fat etc; Plus right now I'm limited with my budget on what foods i can buy. so right now it's being creative with what I have in my cupboards. :) also, almonds <3 sounds like a good plan.

Is there a specific reason why you're avoiding sugar and fat?
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Whenever I read a post about how someone is having so much trouble eating all their calories, or crowing about how 'easy' this healthy eating thing is, I get suspicious. And yep. You're definitely under eating OP.
  • dsalveson
    dsalveson Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Wow+_43e18aec6f02bd37336e1728d08d68cc.jpg
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    ....that's what she said

haha I thought the same thing.

We were all thinking it...
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Healthy food rocks. I read posts of folks starving all the time, but when I look in the open logs I see "Doritos" or "Cracker with peanut butter". /sigh. I'm not kidding, start watching. Meanwhile I'm eating twice as much as I ever ate in my life on a deficit, daily ice cream included.

You got the right idea, divide it into many meals and you're never hungry. I do Breakfast/Snack/Lunch/Snack/Dinner/Snack.

Don't make me *sigh* on you now! Can you tell me exactly what is the difference between choosing to eat a bag of Doritos or crackers with peanut butter and ice cream?
  • jalisaruss
    Options
    Might I also add that I work hours when most people are nestled in their warm beds sleeping. :( So by the time I get home it's 7:00 am and i'm off to bed! till about 1pm or 2pm school permitting, where some days I come home and sleep 2 hours then get up at 9 am for school. So catching up with sleep and eating are what I have to battle with and some times one concurs the other. I'll have to take up sleep walking/eating.
  • ChrisM32205
    ChrisM32205 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Are you sure you are counting everything? Your open food diary looks like it's incomplete on some days.
  • jalisaruss
    Options

Is there a specific reason why you're avoiding sugar and fat?

Diabeetus, :(
  • jalisaruss
    Options
    Are you sure you are counting everything? Your open food diary looks like it's incomplete on some days.

there were a few days when I started that I forgot, but i'm starting to make a habit of it.