I'm new and of need of accountability buddies

Options
Hello -
I am 45 and in menopause. Nice intro, huh? :wink: I used to be so very thin, until my first pregnancy. That is when the yo-yoing began. I gained 60 lost 50. Second pregnancy gained 60 lost 45. Third pregnancy gained 60 and lost 20 gained 10 lost 40 gained 50. well you get the idea.
I have a very hard time not using food as comfort or as a reward. Sugar and carbs are my 'thing'. Moderation is not. I need help to relearn how I eat so that I can live a life that means I am no longer ashamed of how I look. I want to start living NOW not 50 lbs from now.
If any of this sounds familiar to anyone I would dearly love to be friends and support one another in this journey to health.

Nancy

Replies

• jenns717
    jenns717 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 47 and in the same boat! I lost 50# by working out and learning to eat right. I continued the plan, but somewhere I don't think I was on track since I have gained 15 back! I am on here for accountability and support! Would love to add you as a friend and we can meet our goals together!
  • vlland
    vlland Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi. im 48 and starting menopause also. I have yoyo dieted my whole life. Lost about 30 lbs 5 yrs ago and was very happy/confident. I have gained back about 20 this past year and struggling to lose it - harder this time. I also love carbs and need accountability to keep on track. Fell free to add me as a friend if u wish. Good luck on ur journey :)