Blisters from treadmill but none on road?! Help?

Options
Qski
Qski Posts: 246 Member
I have seen another topic like this on here, but there were no responses, so trying again. I have been doing a C25K program for 4 weeks now. All the workouts I have done so far have been on the road.

This week I joined a gym and since things are heating up here and I won't be able to deal with the temps outside to work out I am going to use the treadmill.

I am wearing the same shoes, and socks that i wear out and have had no issues with. Today I worked on the treadmill and I can feel I am developing blisters on the balls of my feet under my big toes. Anyone experienced this? How do you deal with it? Is it treadmill technique?

I would be very upset if I had to hault my progress to wait for blisters to heal, so any advice on care or prevention would be great too, thanks!

Replies

• abetterbrandi
    Options
    I found the same thing happening with me and I think it was due to the way the treadmill forced me to walk. I didnt have the same stride, etc as walking on a path and now I just try to get out and walk whenever the weather permits.
  • Qski
    Qski Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    bumpety bump....
  • bohica36
    bohica36 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I had the same thing on the treadmill. It went away when I switched from cotton socks to smart wool socks. Sorry I don't have more to offer than that.
  • tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I use different shoes, indoor and outdoor, not only to keep gym equipment clean and working properly, but because the shoe wears based on how I walk/run. And it's true, your gait is different. There is no forward push on a treadmill since the "ground" is moving for you.

Also, I only wear smartwool socks. Trust me, you're feet will not sweat more because it's wool. Their running sock is amazing.
  • corridor7f
    Options
    Treadmill vs road is very different. Your stride on a treadmill has more of a rolling motion, especially with running. In fact, I have an old injury that makes my right calf cramp up on the treadmill but doesn't make a peep when I run outside.