How much of water weight can you lose....

Options
So, i was wondering, lets say im the lightest in the morning (2-3 kilos heavier at night), if i wake up and dont eat nor drink for a few hours, how much more weight would i be able to lose?

Replies

• blably
    blably Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    zero.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    Dehydration is not your friend.

my-reaction-after-getting-no-sleep-on-sunday-working-a-hour-night-shift-in-a-warehouse-then-hear-job-33395.gif
  • iamtherealWaldo
    Options
    This is, in a way, a question about the hen and the egg.
    Basically, you would lose about 1-2 kilos, but, in reality, you'd lose none.
    You water gain/loses are easily accomplished, but in your weight loss journey, the amount of daily water is not something you would want to lose.
    Work on fat intake and count your food. But, while doing that, pound in as much water as possible.
    And always remember that scale loss is almost always less relevant than non scale loss.

Good riddance!
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    What would the point be? You might lose a pound but as soon as you have a drink it'll be right back.
  • Sandigesha
    Sandigesha Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    God... I just asked a question, I didnt say im trying to lose weight in long term, i didnt say i was going to do it daily, i didnt say it was healthy. I just need to weight the least for ONE occasion, that's why im asking...
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I drink about 4L of water a day, I find the more I drink the less I weigh because it helps flush everything out. I weigh myself when I wake up because everything is digested, I wouldnt get in the habit of weighing your self before and after you eat or drink that could make you afraid to do either
  • gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Well, if you drink water and take some heavy duty laxatives you'd be able to expel quite a lot of bio-matter, but you wouldn't lose any weight as such, you'd just be dehydrated and on the toilet.
  • StormyGal8
    StormyGal8 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    God... I just asked a question, I didnt say im trying to lose weight in long term, i didnt say i was going to do it daily, i didnt say it was healthy. I just need to weight the least for ONE occasion, that's why im asking...

This sounds like the reply of someone who didn't get the answer they wanted.
    You asked a question, people here answered truthfully.
  • gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    Options

yeah, sorry, you have to invest a bit more then a couple of hours into the dropping a few kgs for a special occasion
  • hannahlclrk
    hannahlclrk Posts: 66 Member
    Options

but losing a few pounds of water weight will not make you appear any different? youll still be the same size in clothes etc.?! are you being weight for a specific reason? or do you want to look thinner? If its the latter then take on board what everyone has said here, drink MORE water lift MORE weights run MORE and eat LESS rubbish foods and it will fall off.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    The more I drink the more water I lose, that and when I am off my birth control pill. I can lose up to a kg.
  • Boofuls
    Boofuls Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    This is hardly a controversial thing to do to be fair to OP. This is exactly what anyone trying to get in under a weight class does - jockeys, wrestlers etc.
  • rayfu75
    rayfu75 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I've lost 10lbs of water weight in a bit under 6 hours to weigh in for a grappling tournament. I've done it only once and it sucked *kitten*.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    This is hardly a controversial thing to do to be fair to OP. This is exactly what anyone trying to get in under a weight class does - jockeys, wrestlers etc.

True, but if the OP were a professional sports-person aiming for a certain weight class I am sure they would have been given advice regarding dehydration techniques from a coach or trainer.

The only other situations I can think of where this might be desired would be to be below a certain weight in order to pass a health check eg with a doctor or to be accepted into the military, etc.
  • Sandigesha
    Options
    So, basically, I weight 95 kgs exactly in the morning, in 5 days I need to step on a scale and it should be 93kgs. Assuming I lose mmm... 500 grams of fat max, how long in the morning should it take me without drinking/eating to get to 93 kgs? (to speed it up I plan on going for a walk)
  • Sandigesha
    Options
    I've lost 10lbs of water weight in a bit under 6 hours to weigh in for a grappling tournament. I've done it only once and it sucked *kitten*.
    Damn! Did you exercise to get there? You mustve been sp dehidrated!
  • rayfu75
    rayfu75 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Damn! Did you exercise to get there? You mustve been sp dehidrated!

That is exactly what I was, dehydrated. Rolled 1 hour jiu jitsu, jumped rope in a sauna suit for a few hours, hot epson salt bath for another hour. Only sipped on water through out the cut to kill dry mouth. Weighed in the night before the actual event. I was able to rehydrate back 100% by the next day.
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Just no.

Dehydration is not going to help you lose fat.