No weight loss

Options
Help..... I have not lost a pound since October 12th, please look at my wrkouts and food log to see where I might be doing the wrong thing. I just now started drinking my water today, so I know that might have something to do with it. Thanks

Replies

• ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Not drinking water can make a HUGE difference--once I started drinking all of the water I was supposed to, I lost 7 pounds of water retention!!
  • Jill1plus2
    Options
    It is the water! If you are drinking soft drinks, cut back on those to no more that one or two a week - even diet drinks. Make sure you drink your 64oz of water a day and you will see a weight loss in less than a week. I have lost 25 pounds over the last year and every time I "plateau" and stop losing weight it is because I have slacked off on drinking enough water.

Good luck and don't give up!!
  • Sharonbed4d
    Options
    Your food diary isn't public. Water is one factor but maybe not the only.
  • brwnsugababe
    Options
    If you have not been drinking water, I would say that is a good place to start. I found this information on water to share with you. I hope you find it helpful.

Would you like to know the secret to dieting success? Do you want that one miracle weight loss product? Well it is right in front of you. The ultimate weapon in the battle of the bulge is water. Sure, all our lives we’ve been told that water is great and we need to drink 8 glasses a day but what are the real benefits? How can water help you lose weight?

Water decreases appetite. Drinking water fills you up; in fact, if you were to drink a full glass before each meal you would automatically eat less. Sometimes when you get that hungry feeling it’s not hunger at all but thirst. Our brains get the two confused quite often and if you are dehydrated your stomach will have that hollow feeling. Not knowing the difference we eat when we should be drinking. The better hydrated you are the less you will experience hunger pangs or overeat.

Water aids the metabolism. Diet and exercise are important for weight loss but we also need to consider our body’s natural ability to burn off calories and process the food we eat. Because our vital organs rely on water to help them function, if we are dehydrated they struggle to do their jobs such as burning stored fat as fuel, controlling blood sugar, and utilizing calories for energy.

Water aids in digestion. Along with metabolism, digestion is critical for dieters. Many people don’t realize how congested their digestive tract is. If food can not be broken down and passed out of the system efficiently we not only carry around that extra baggage but also dangerous toxins. Water can also reduce our overall acidity which can decrease gas and bloated feelings.

Proper hydration decreases water retention, that’s right, drinking water helps you lose water. Our body regulates itself and if it is not getting enough to drink, then it holds on to every drop it can like a camel in the desert. If you want to lose some quick pounds hydrate yourself for a few days. You will undoubtedly be running to the restroom as you increase your water intake but that is a good thing, you are passing out all of that excess water your body has been storing. You will drop at least a few pounds in just a day or two.

Water helps regulate heart rate and can improve exercise performance. As we exercise the body heats up, so it cools itself naturally through sweat which means that we are losing water. The more we sweat the more we need to hydrate. Sweating also creates a drop in overall blood volume. This causes our heart to beat harder and faster to move the blood through the bloodstream and can cause fatigue and cramps. Drinking water during exercise replenishes the blood volume and reduces your heart rate allowing you to work harder and longer. If you are less sore or tired and you can push yourself further doesn’t it make sense that you will lose more weight?

Good Luck:drinker:
  • loonpine2
    loonpine2 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Your diary is not public, so I can not view it to see if there is anything that might need to be changed.
    First, with out it, I can tell you were I have had problems in the past. Since Feb I have lost 130 plus pounds. Working out 45 min-1 hours a day minimum to start back your fitness routine is something that is a must. Diet sodas, Bad! Limit to one a day. Eat lots of fruits and veggies, raw.. is the best way but steaming with seasonings is okay too.
    Lean meat.. chicken and turkey, yogurt are best but eating red meat once a week will not hurt you. ( I love steak and red meat)
    Make you diary public so we all can help! You might have hit a plateu and you may need to shake things up!
  • northblufflife
    Options
    Wow, great information, thank you!
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Once I gave up the diet drinks I started losing weight consistently every week. I know they have no calories, but now I just don't drink them!! Hope you have a loss this week!!!
  • charmed2570
    Options
    Sorry I thought it was set to public, it is now so please feel free to look. Thanks
  • ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    After looking at your diary, I don't think you're eating nearly enough--if you don't eat enough, your body won't release the excess weight and your metabolism will slow down. You should be eating a minimum of 1200 calories per day to keep your metabolism fueled to burn.
  • brwnsugababe
    Options
    Yeah, I was just going to say, your calorie intake is really low. You are not eating enough to keep your metabolism active.

The calorie intake should never go below a 1200 calorie diet mark, and in most cases, should stay above 1500 calories. Remember, with 3500 calories to each pound, losing stored fat will be a gradual process therefore, a reduction in calorie intake should be gradual too!

Read more: http://www.weightlossforall.com/calorie-intake.htm#ixzz13ODw86pA

I tried abruptly lowering my calorie intake and stopped losing weight.... I readjusted my goals and started losing again. Keep in mind that each body is different, but it is a process. I say start a the recommended intake level according to your physical stats, then as you progress adjust accordingly.

I hope this was helpful. Good luck!
  • Sharonbed4d
    Options
    I agree with the above, you need to eat more! I don't know how you have the energy to exercise with calorie intake so low. Once you start eating more, give yourself a few weeks to adjust and you should see better results. Good luck!
  • Billydude
    Options
    I just started the diet about a week ago and I'm sticking to it but I'm frustrated because I haven't lost a single pound. I know from diets in the past I'd lose my most weight the first week. After reading the post I know I have to up my water intake but that can't be the only thing?
  • josparkle
    josparkle Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hi, Well done you on keeping going.
    All the advice above is spot on - or at least that's what has worked for me. At first I religiously ate below my calories and athough I lost weight it was slow and I was hungry. Now having read pages on MFP I eat all my calories and try to make smarter choices so having huge salads full of raw veggies for fibre and good carbs with protein on the side, a decent breakfast, and a dinner of heaps of non-starch veg and some fish, chicken or lean meat as well as water (I'm not as good as I could be on that yet though). But eating all my cals and making sure it was lots of different types of foods - think making the most of those few cals - has definitely been the answer for me.
  • ginastnly
    Options
    Why would your daily calorie intake be 777......that is way too low. You should be eating a min of 1200 cal. I have my goal set at losing 1 pound a week and my min cal intake in 1387. (I currently weigh 180) If you weigh more then me then you are diffinetly not getting enough calories. You should increase your calories immediately and also make sure you are gettting a min of 8 glasses of water a day. The water is very important . Not keeping hydrated properly can also stop your weight loss. I also eat 4 or 5 small meals a day. I eat something like every three hours. Always keeping that fire burning. I eat breakfast, have a mid mornin gsnak, lunch, mid afternoon snack, then dinner. And if Ihave enough calories I may even do a treat in the evening. I find this works best for me. My snacks are usually string cheese witha piece of fruit, or cottage cheese with a piece of fruit. A handful or almonds, things like that.
    good luck
  • charmed2570
    Options
    Thanks to everyone that posted, I will try to bump my calories up, and I have just finished with my water for the day, so I will continue to drink my water, and will let you know how things workout.
  • charmed2570
    Options
    Thanks to everyone that posted, I will try to bump my calories up, and I have just finished with my water for the day, so I will continue to drink my water, and will let you know how things workout.
  • brwnsugababe
    Options
    Good Luck!!!