Getting my RMR tested today-1200cal for too long

Options
So I'm a 23 year old girl around 27% BF and have been hovering around 65 -66kg (144-147lbs) unhappily for quite some time despite trying incredibly hard to lose weight.

I am relatively active as a student and I have a part time waitressing job. I also have been going to the gym and doing weight training and intervals- plus home videos using dumbbells and doing HIIT routines.

I eat really well- I don't have a sweet tooth really and have been cutting out sugar and bad foods for a long time. I have also been relatively low carb for a while and haven't eaten bread, pasta, rice or any refined carbs or much fruit, especially sugary fruit for quite some time. I mainly eat eggs , lean protein (tuna/chicken) lots of vegetables, berries, and I get my carbs from sweet potatoes/parsnips on gym days.

So despite all my efforts I still find myself hovering around this weight and when I look back, I rarely eat over 1500, calories a day- even when I intensely exercise or do a 7 hr waitressing shift on my feet. I normally eat around 1200-1300. So I started reading more into eat more to weigh less- as I genuinely think I've been under eating for too long. I can't deal with guess work and online calculators anymore as my efforts are still coming to nothing. So today, in 3 hours, I am paying £75 to get my RMR tested in London. Although this is a fair amount I think it's going to be worth it as I can now make a informed decision about my intake and also get advice on macros and what to do when my activity levels increase.

My goal is to lose about 8lbs by Christmas and a stone by my birthday in February. I want to do this sustainably. Anyway I just thought id share a bit about my story and weight loss struggle and I will be back this afternoon to update with test results.

Replies

• 8weekbeautycorset
    Options
    I'm 5'5"
  • tiffanydavey
    tiffanydavey Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I truly believe your body has an ideal weight. A while ago I did weight watchers, and had some ideal number in my head (120 pounds) at 130 my body stopped loosing. For 9 months I tried every trick in the book and 130 was the sweet spot. I had to start accepting. This time around I just want to be healthy. I want to go to the gym work out, eat right and let my body choose where its happiest.
    Good luck with your test!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I truly believe your body has an ideal weight. A while ago I did weight watchers, and had some ideal number in my head (120 pounds) at 130 my body stopped loosing. For 9 months I tried every trick in the book and 130 was the sweet spot. I had to start accepting. This time around I just want to be healthy. I want to go to the gym work out, eat right and let my body choose where its happiest.

i would have to disagree, if you eat over maintenance you will gain weight and if you eat below maintenance you will lose weight regardless of whether your body is at its 'ideal weight' or not.
  • 8weekbeautycorset
    Options

I agree to some extent, but I am over one quarter fat at the moment and I really believe I can change that - maybe by eating more. I am also at 24.5- the higher end of the BMI scale. I want to lose a stone which would put me in a healthier weight range for my height. And I want to do it sustainably over 3months. If I try this with what I find out this afternoon, with full dedication/accurate tracking for 3 months and I still don't lose- I think I will then have to reassess.