Women and Weight Lifting

Options
Here is a good and quick read for the ladies.

Enjoy

http://cutandjacked.com/Im-A-Girl-Who-Lifts-Heavy

Replies

• She_Hulk
    She_Hulk Posts: 277
    Options
    Thanks for posting this. I cannot understand in this day and age why more women do not get this. Every single woman that I meet in real life that has an AMAZING body, is toned, strong, etc. lifts. Every single one. Nice article. Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • kodiakke
    kodiakke Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'm starting to do this seriously and want all the motivation I can get. I agree with you on the look!

Cheers!
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    :wink: :wink:
  • UpToTheChallenge
    Options
    love this! went to an all women's GoodLife gym last night... EVERY single treadmill was in use, the weight area was dead as usual. :huh:
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    love this! went to an all women's GoodLife gym last night... EVERY single treadmill was in use, the weight area was dead as usual. :huh:

This is the reason I won't venture into an all women's goodlife. In fact, I'm surprised they even have a free weight section. Is there a rack?
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options

This is the reason I won't venture into an all women's goodlife. In fact, I'm surprised they even have a free weight section. Is there a rack?

Years ago I joined a all woman gym. They didn't have any power rack, no Squat racks and no bench. There were so many different types of cardio machines though lol

I would never ever in a million years join that type of gym again :sick:
  • rawstrongchick
    rawstrongchick Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I :heart: lifting. I don't get why anyone wouldn't? What women doesn't want to:

1. Burn calories.
    2. Increase BMR by increasing lean mass.
    3. Get strong.
    4. Get that strong and pulled in yet totally curvy look.
    5. Stave off osteoporosis.
    6. Eat pretty much what you like whilst doing it and still loose body fat.

And much more I'm sure!
  • UpToTheChallenge
    Options
    there is 1 squat rack. :ohwell:
  • MityMax96
    Options

Need to get in there. :wink:
  • MityMax96
    Options
    there is 1 squat rack. :ohwell:

And it is all yours. :laugh: :laugh:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I was very disappointed- but not suprised- RetroFitness only had one squat rack- I was visiting and debating if I wanted to join- as it's the closest gym to BF"s house (he's almost 2 hrs from me so it's not like I can just drive home to my gym)

Thankfully no one uses it at 10 PM at night- when I like to go.

I couldn't imagine joining an all women's gym. Ick.
  • KristinNicole82
    KristinNicole82 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    90% of the time I am the only girl in the free weight section. If the other women get off the cardio equipment they only use machines. Don't fear the free weights ladies!!!! I love lifting and the results it produces.
  • MzBriz
    MzBriz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Awesome me so true!