Kind of a werid question

Options
This might not effect the males on here but i think it effects the females. But why is it when you lose weight that your boobs get bigger. I know kind of weird.

Replies

• laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    hhmmm...I haven't had that problem! LOL
    Mine have gotten quite a bit smaller! :grumble:

Dani
  • DoreenN
    DoreenN Posts: 60
    Options
    haha really cause I had the opposite problem.
  • carrieberrie
    carrieberrie Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I wish I had that problem!!!! When I lost weight I lost 2 bra sizes!
  • ismatts
    ismatts Posts: 62
    Options
    I know that when my wife lost alot of weight hers got ALOT smaller.
  • suzikelley
    suzikelley Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of that!! LOL! I don't think they get bigger (as boobs are really just fat) - but they probably look bigger because the rest of your body is getting smaller!! :-)
  • fitnewlife
    fitnewlife Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    This has never happened to me.
  • alysen2012
    Options
    Well i am having the problem i guess it probably because of my rest of my body is getting smaller. But i have gone up 2 bra sizes now which cost alot of money to buy bras now.
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    Mine are smaller :(:sad:
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I have lost more inches on my chest than anywhere else. Maybe they look bigger, as another person said, because the rest of your body is smaller?

My understanding from everything I have ever read, is that breast tissue is mostly fat and is usually one of the first things to go when dieting. I suspect you are in the minority if your breasts are bigger.
  • andy13
    andy13 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I wish I had this problem with my errr.... never mind
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    All I can imagine is because your losing inches around your chest (where the band of your bra would sit) but you're not losing anything in your breasts themselves. I don't understand why it would do that, but it's possible I guess. And in which case, the proportion between your band and your cup size would be greater, essentially meaning a bigger cup size.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Interesting. Mine get smaller when I lose weight which is fine with me.
  • DC_Veg
    DC_Veg Posts: 12
    Options
    I feel your pain lady. I've posted about this before (might have been on my old account though) and it's not cool. I gained weight in college (senior year and the 2-3 months of unemployment after graduation) and my bra size went up with my clothes size. But I've lost over 20-25 pounds and my clothes size is smaller, but the boobs are refusing to go anywhere. I know, I know, a lot of people will joke about how it's something we shouldn't complain about, but it's seriously a problem! I'm thinking that they'll eventually get the drift and settle down into a smaller size....hopefully soon or with the next 10 pounds I lose! Just be sure you're doing your pushups and such to keep your chest strong and your girls....ya know, in place.
  • YeaILift
    YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Are you doing any upper body strength training?
    Women's Weight Training Myth #2 - Exercise increases your chest size.
    Sorry girls. Women’s breasts are composed mostly of fatty tissue. Therefore, it is impossible to increase breast size through weight training. As a matter of fact, if you go below 12 percent body fat, your breast size will decrease. Weight training does increase the size of the back, so this misconception probably comes from confusing an increase in back size with an increase in cup size. The only way to increase your breast size is by gaining fat or getting breast implants.

http://bodybuilding.about.com/od/womensfitnesstopics/a/womenmyths.htm
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    All I can imagine is because your losing inches around your chest (where the band of your bra would sit) but you're not losing anything in your breasts themselves. I don't understand why it would do that, but it's possible I guess. And in which case, the proportion between your band and your cup size would be greater, essentially meaning a bigger cup size.

^^^ This
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I've dropped 2 band sizes and 2-3 cup sizes.....so I can finally buy bras in a normal store. I just hope it stops now!:tongue:
  • AmberBarrios
    AmberBarrios Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    ugh wish I had that problem, I'm not even halfway to my goal yet and lost on cup size already.
  • nellykirkwood
    Options
    Not me!! That's usually the first place I lose weight...that and my face...when really, it needs to come off my belly and my BUTT!!!!!
  • iamstronger247
    Options
    i wish! i have a big bra size as it is and i know once i get smaller my boobs are going to shrink.. i love my boobs LOL!
  • emersoam
    emersoam Posts: 179
    Options
    When you lose a significant amount of weight, your boobs will get smaller!! Boobs are affected by fat loss, because there's a lot of fat in there! Fat loss will be experienced on your entire body...boobs and all.

If you feel they are getting bigger...it might be all perspective and ratio. (The rest of you is smaller, so they might feel and look bigger in comparison?)

:-)