Thanksgiving gameplans?

Options

Replies

• MaiLinna
    MaiLinna Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Gonna do what I do for every thanksgiving - eat 1-2 slices of turkey breast, a giant bowl of mashed potatoes with gravy and corn, and about 10 dinner rolls. Okay not 10...but my highest amount eaten one year was indeed 8. :P This is the first time I've been overweight, however. I was a skinny kid. XD
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I fasted on Thanksgiving

I am more badass than any of you......

.....and I am french canadian and we don't celebrate that stinky anglo holiday:angry::angry:
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    I fasted on Thanksgiving

I am more badass than any of you......

.....and I am french canadian and we don't celebrate that stinky anglo holiday:angry::angry:

Loft apartment over a really great party.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    My mom is making stuffing. So the game plan is to restrain myself only enough not to punch people and take it from them.
  • Sedna_51
    Sedna_51 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I'm going to log everything Thanksgiving Day but not worry about hitting a calorie goal. But I'll try to stay on target the rest of the week and see if I can finish the whole week even.

I am also going to build myself a mound of stuffing to rule from and declare myself Queen of the Dining Table. ALL HAIL
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I am cooking and will have all the fixings. I will eat and enjoy the day as it's my favorite day and only comes once a year :happy:
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

I've also decided this year that when I take four or five massive scoops of mashed potatoes, I'm going to use my spoon to mash the middle of the potato mountain to create a big cavern so that I can pour the gravy into the cavern and it will sit there like a gravy swimming pool. If I were more comfortable I'd take my shirt and pants off and dive into the gravy pool but I think it might be a bad impression to give my son since he can't swim yet, and that's pretty unfair.

I see what you're getting at here, but doing that deprives all the rest of your food of delicious gravy. Gravy should be distributed across the plate, like this:

anigif_enhanced-buzz-19815-1382469539-7.gif
  • jonswife0206
    jonswife0206 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I plan to eat some of everything until I fall into a sleep coma on the couch and then get back to reality Friday morning.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking a lot about this and I believe I have an optimal plan for ME. But please if you don't have anything nice to say about my plan then just don't say it. We are all here for the same reasons so lets just hold hands and sing songs. Ok now that I have that out of the way here's the gameplan.

First, I'm going to bring some whey protein with me to the thanksgiving feast. When my relatives aren't looking, I'll sprinkle some whey into their milk to hopefully help blunt their appetite so that they don't eat as much. Not for their sake, for mine. I really hate when we run out of turkey.

I've also decided this year that when I take four or five massive scoops of mashed potatoes, I'm going to use my spoon to mash the middle of the potato mountain to create a big cavern so that I can pour the gravy into the cavern and it will sit there like a gravy swimming pool. If I were more comfortable I'd take my shirt and pants off and dive into the gravy pool but I think it might be a bad impression to give my son since he can't swim yet, and that's pretty unfair.

I'm also going to sit in the chair nearest the back-counter where we keep the pie so that I can position myself closer to the pie and minimize travel time between my plate and the pie. This, combined with the potential hunger blunting effects of whey protein that I used on my relatives, may result in more pie for me.

Finally, I'm wearing my gym pants instead of jeans, and bringing a towel in case I get the meat sweats.

Thanks for reading my gameplans and remember this is just what works for me and we're all different.

i like this plan... all of this plan.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    I'll be at work that day burning calories beforehand....eating a good amount during.....and burning more calories the next day....\m/
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I'm going to pig out, guilt free, and get back on track once it's over.

What he said.

yeah, that.
  • ktsimons
    ktsimons Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    snipped brilliant SS gameplan
    This is helpful. I can never remember if we're all the same and here for different reasons, or if we're all different and here for the same reason.

Everyone is different so each person has to find what works for them and only them. We're all here for the same reason.

Personally, I'm going to eat all the foods and log all the foods.

Yep. Eat it all and log it all. It's impossible to destroy a diet in 1 day. I logged it out for curiosity's sake .. no bastardized versions of recipes .. and well .. it's just not that bad:

Turkey - Meat only, cooked, roasted, 226.0 g 384
    Generic - Turkey Gravy, 4 oz 90
    Generic - Homemade Cornbread and Turkey Sausage Stuffing, 1 cup 242
    Ocean Spray - Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce 1oz, 4 oz 220
    Side - Campbell's - Green Bean Casserole W/ French's Fried Onions, 3/4 cup 148
    Generic - Sweet Potato Casserole With Brown Sugar and Pecans, 1 cup 211
    Generic - Pumpkin Pie, 1 slice 323
    Homemade - Blueberry Pie, 1 slice (1/8 of 9" dia) 400
    Whipped Cream - Homemade Whipped Heavy Cream Topping, 1/2 cup 102
    Generic - Table Wine - White, 4 Glass 3.5 fl oz 280
    Total Calories 2,400

Sorry it's ugly .. calories only listed.

Granted, I'll throw another 1000 on top of that during the day .. we have people over early, and do some drinking and picking while dinner cooks ..

Wow! Great job and thanks for working this up for us! now i can just "quick add" about 4,800 cals for the meal as i can't stop at one serving of anything! :drinker: I think our internet will be down on Thanksgiving day...
  • jeffd247
    jeffd247 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I signed up for a 5k on Thanksgiving day. This should keep me on target for the day or so beforehand and get me some exercise that day.

After that I am just going to pig out guilt free like everyone else said they would. I ~am~ going to log what I ate though... just for the lulz.

Edit to add: Everyone should log everything that day, screenshot it, and then post it back here for fun!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I plan to take a nice long walk in the morning and probably again after I eat. Other than that I plan to enjoy my day with friends and family and of course still log everything as best I can.
  • loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    My general response is "eat my face off"..that being said I am going to work out that whole week, maybe restrict by 100 cals those days and on the big eating day I am going to eat the foods that I truly want..for instance I LOVE stuffing and I am "meh" about mashed potatoes..they are good but not good enough to waste calories! I will also pile up on the veggies..I just won't restrict my portions like I always do...may just log 3000 cals and call it a day (I can't not log something...I am almost at a year!) Then back on track the next day (I probably won't weigh for a week so I don't give myself a heart attack)...lol
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options

Edit to add: Everyone should log everything that day, screenshot it, and then post it back here for fun!

that would be awesome lol I may just do that!!
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Granted I will try and fit in a long walk or workout that day. But I Will NOT be logging and plan on Enjoying the day! I work hard the rest of the year. EAT!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I'll stay within my 2800 calorie limit. I will just eat mostly protein and stay away from the carbs.
  • KeViN_v2pt0
    KeViN_v2pt0 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    My general response is "eat my face off"..that being said I am going to work out that whole week, maybe restrict by 100 cals those days and on the big eating day I am going to eat the foods that I truly want..for instance I LOVE stuffing and I am "meh" about mashed potatoes..they are good but not good enough to waste calories! I will also pile up on the veggies..I just won't restrict my portions like I always do...may just log 3000 cals and call it a day (I can't not log something...I am almost at a year!) Then back on track the next day (I probably won't weigh for a week so I don't give myself a heart attack)...lol

hAE6210CF
  • smesche
    smesche Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I signed up for a 5k on Thanksgiving day. This should keep me on target for the day or so beforehand and get me some exercise that day.

After that I am just going to pig out guilt free like everyone else said they would. I ~am~ going to log what I ate though... just for the lulz.

^^^ This. Turkey Trot at 7am :smokin: