Looking to begin new lifestyle..not new diet..?

Options
So im kinda new here, been on here before but it was a while ago so Im starting over now. Looking for help and motivation to stay on track and change how I live/look at food. NOT looking for quick fix diets. Anyone in the same boat? Needing some buds :)

Replies

• AnneFroel
    AnneFroel Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi :)

I am in the same boat :) I prefer to eat healthy and loose weight slower than a quick fix and then taking all back :)

I am new as well and looking for help and motivation to stay on track :)
  • lisanew2
    Options
    Hi I'm pretty new on here too, looking to maintain and stay positive!!! Add me :smile:
  • MARTIC0058
    MARTIC0058 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You are EXACTLY right! You need a lifestyle change NOT a diet! If you don't see it this way and you just diet you will lose a little weight but will gain it back! You can add me if you wish I also have a fb team as well for those who are serious about fitness if your interested! We can do this together, the more support you have the more likely you will achieve your goals and stick to it! How active are you? I am currently doing the T25 program, I am in week 7, then I am going to tackle ChaLEAN Extreme. It is very important to be active. I don't have to be a certain program, it could walking, running what ever tickles your fancy. You just have to stick to it. Look forward to hearing from you and seeing your amazing LIFESTYLE change!

Casey
  • LuckyMunky
    LuckyMunky Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I have a couple of kids and have decided to make a lifestyle change as well. I believe that going slowly and surely is a much better (healthier) way of losing weight than any quick fixes. I eat at a smallish deficit and regularly exercise to keep myself within my goals. I'm bubbling with positivity LOL, I can motivate without enabling or getting nasty.
  • chikgetnfit
    Options
    Hi. I'm new here as well. I have just joined a Gym for the first time and super excited. I am serious about getting in shape and am ready for a new healthy lifestyle. I'm also a smoker that is slowly quitting for anyone going through that that needs someone to talk to. Quitting smoking is the hardest thing that I have ever done but it's probably going to be the best thing! I am also slowly becoming a vegetarian. I am from East Texas. Around here, meat IS our culture. It's pretty disgusting. Thankfully, I'm in a town that is becoming more and more health friendly. I was upset when they put a smoking ban on the patio at all of our Starbucks but it is for the best! Things like that will make quitting easier. I am a pretty healthy body weight but I have a lot of toning to do. I am not proportionate at all. I guess if my bust size was a little bit bigger, it wouldn't be as bad. I have tiny shoulders, small bust, a small waist, large hips and large thighs/legs. It really makes it difficult to shop for clothing. I think for people like me (when our bodies are just so unproportionate) we have to maintain toning, and eating healthy. I probably retain a lot of water too. I'm not sure exactly. I'm taking a lot of different classes at the gym and working out before and after classes. I just need to learn more about fitness so that I can be sure to do it right. Sorry for typing so much. I have a lot on my mind and ready to learn more!! I have already met some nice friends from this and meeting people seems to make it more and more exciting for me!