Thanksgiving gameplans?

Options

Replies

• angie007az
    angie007az Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I fasted on Thanksgiving

I am more badass than any of you......

.....and I am french canadian and we don't celebrate that stinky anglo holiday:angry::angry:

I love fasting. I may fast the day before and the day after, but on Thanksgiving, I am eating. :-)
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Black Friday game planning. This is why Christmas rocks every year.
  • jorge_007
    jorge_007 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I don't have any game plans. I'm fortunate enough to have a good metabolism. My maintenance is 3625 calories, so I don't have to worry about over eating.
  • Tuili
    Tuili Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I plan on making good choices with what we are having. Keeping portion control in check, I think that is my key. And make sure I get a lot of exercise in that day!!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    snipped brilliant SS gameplan
    This is helpful. I can never remember if we're all the same and here for different reasons, or if we're all different and here for the same reason.

Everyone is different so each person has to find what works for them and only them. We're all here for the same reason.

Personally, I'm going to eat all the foods and log all the foods.

Yep. Eat it all and log it all. It's impossible to destroy a diet in 1 day. I logged it out for curiosity's sake .. no bastardized versions of recipes .. and well .. it's just not that bad:

Turkey - Meat only, cooked, roasted, 226.0 g 384
    Generic - Turkey Gravy, 4 oz 90
    Generic - Homemade Cornbread and Turkey Sausage Stuffing, 1 cup 242
    Ocean Spray - Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce 1oz, 4 oz 220
    Side - Campbell's - Green Bean Casserole W/ French's Fried Onions, 3/4 cup 148
    Generic - Sweet Potato Casserole With Brown Sugar and Pecans, 1 cup 211
    Generic - Pumpkin Pie, 1 slice 323
    Homemade - Blueberry Pie, 1 slice (1/8 of 9" dia) 400
    Whipped Cream - Homemade Whipped Heavy Cream Topping, 1/2 cup 102
    Generic - Table Wine - White, 4 Glass 3.5 fl oz 280
    Total Calories 2,400

Sorry it's ugly .. calories only listed.

Granted, I'll throw another 1000 on top of that during the day .. we have people over early, and do some drinking and picking while dinner cooks ..

I guess I am walking about 8 miles to make up for this one meal. Oh well its worth it.
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    Options
    Im calling it my day off and eating ALL TEH FEWD.
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Keep the portions small on the bad but enjoy the season and all the goodies it has to offer.
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Small breakfast, a couple hundred less calories the day before and after and portion control. I am making the same things I always make with the same ingredients. I am NOT substituting anything with low fat or healthier ingredients. It's one meal in the 1,095 I'll eat this year, so it can be less than perfect and be OK.
  • sandra80
    sandra80 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I'm the one cooking so I can control A LOT of it. I know what items i'm making are safe for me to eat, what i can't eat and what I can eat in moderation. I'm making it veggie heavy so I can eat what i would feel is a lot without it being a lot when it comes to calories. Thus far my menu includes- (it's not final yet as I'm waiting to here what others want to bring so i'll knock stuff off my list as I go)
    1.Roast turkey
    2.Gravy (not for me)
    3.Mojo (latino garlic and oil sauce.....this is for me and my side of the family :happy: although my bf's family did seem to like it last year
    4.Broccoli and butternut squash medley (recipe- http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/broccoli-and-squash-medley/cc67e88d-1561-4953-a469-663c10a927fa?src=SH)
    5.veggie noodles- http://peaceloveandlowcarb.blogspot.com/2013/08/rainbow-vegetable-noodles.html
    6.mashed potato - extra butter and cream as my bf has requested.....calorie trap i will not be having
    7.sweet potato gratin- i'll have some of this not toooooo much though http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/robert-irvine/home-sweet-potato-home-au-gratin-recipe/index.html
    8.cornbread stuffing- (i don't like stuffing so it's not for me) http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/neelys/neelys-holiday-cornbread-stuffing-recipe/index.html
    9. butternut squash with spinach pasta- an adaptation of http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/09/butternut-squash-and-spinach-lasagna.html#more (i do penne instead of the lasagna noodles and i just puree the squash with the ricotta....it's like mac n cheese....soooooooooooo good)
    10. basic salad
    11. apple sangria
    12. dark chocolate pumpkin cheesecake brownies.....i cut these so they are 32 pieces....under 200 calories each....not tooooooooooo bad of a dessert option http://www.eatthelove.com/2013/10/pumpkin-cheesecake-brownies/
    13. time for a shameless plug here.....I am a cake decorator so I always do cakes. I will be making my caramel apple cake with vanilla custard filling and vanilla buttercream....haven't decided on decoration yet but it will be posted on www.facebook.com/cakesbysandra2007 please go like my page :happy:

this is all subject to change but....it's the plan for now. I know i'll be doing my usual 3 miles in the AM and that I'll be on my feet cooking all day and cleaning too so that burns calories too. good luck all. happy thanksgiving....soon enough anyway :D
  • rhondatime2chg
    rhondatime2chg Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm going to eat what I want, and log the best I can.
  • Four_Leaf_Clover
    Four_Leaf_Clover Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I am going to get in a good workout and save my calories for things that I really want. No wasting calories on nibbling or soda, etc. But I will be all about a nice glass (or 2) of wine, some sweet potatoes slathered in butter and sugar, some homemade pumpkin bread, some turkey....

Happy Thanksgiving, y'all!

<love the image of sidesteel and his gravy swimming pool!
  • angie007az
    angie007az Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I don't have any game plans. I'm fortunate enough to have a good metabolism. My maintenance is 3625 calories, so I don't have to worry about over eating.

And you are here because.......?
  • FitNurseLex
    FitNurseLex Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Both Thanksgiving AND Christmas, I'm gonna get up early to do a killer workout at the gym and then, I am going to eat whatever I want, with NO restriction lol. I'm not gonna stuff myself, but I'm going to indulge in whatever strikes my fancy on those days. I'm going to log it too (as I do all of my cheat days). However, I will NOT be taking any plates home or nibbling on any leftovers. I'm only allowing myself two cheat days in Nov & Dec (including the holidays) (4 total/2 per month), instead of the normal 8 cheat days that I would normally allow myself (4 per month), so I have planned for this! I can't wait!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

And you are here because.......?

Because this site is for people who want to get fit, not just lose weight :)

That being said, damn that guy for having a fast metabolism!!! lol kidding of course.
  • FitNurseLex
    FitNurseLex Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I plan on being drunk the entire day, so I doubt I'll remember what I ate. :-p

^^^YES!!!! This too!. Hahahahahahaha :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking a lot about this and I believe I have an optimal plan for ME. But please if you don't have anything nice to say about my plan then just don't say it. We are all here for the same reasons so lets just hold hands and sing songs. Ok now that I have that out of the way here's the gameplan.

First, I'm going to bring some whey protein with me to the thanksgiving feast. When my relatives aren't looking, I'll sprinkle some whey into their milk to hopefully help blunt their appetite so that they don't eat as much. Not for their sake, for mine. I really hate when we run out of turkey.

I've also decided this year that when I take four or five massive scoops of mashed potatoes, I'm going to use my spoon to mash the middle of the potato mountain to create a big cavern so that I can pour the gravy into the cavern and it will sit there like a gravy swimming pool. If I were more comfortable I'd take my shirt and pants off and dive into the gravy pool but I think it might be a bad impression to give my son since he can't swim yet, and that's pretty unfair.

I'm also going to sit in the chair nearest the back-counter where we keep the pie so that I can position myself closer to the pie and minimize travel time between my plate and the pie. This, combined with the potential hunger blunting effects of whey protein that I used on my relatives, may result in more pie for me.

Finally, I'm wearing my gym pants instead of jeans, and bringing a towel in case I get the meat sweats.

Thanks for reading my gameplans and remember this is just what works for me and we're all different.

Wow...great plan. Just don't bother with the pants. And pics....lots and lots of pics please.

Totally this!!
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I'm going to my Partner's grandmother's house where I will eat a small portion of everything offered and there will be MUCH offered. Then, we're off to her Dad's house to repeat the process and then to her aunt's house to do it a third time. Later that night, as we watch TV, we will partake in yet another dessert.
  • paygep
    paygep Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Planning for not one, but TWO days of complete debauchery!

I will eat whatever I want on Thanksgiving day and whatever I want of leftovers the day after! The day after Thanksgiving is my birthday, so I plan on getting drunk as well! :devil:

Back to real life on Saturday to hit that Christmas weight loss goal.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    snipped brilliant SS gameplan
    This is helpful. I can never remember if we're all the same and here for different reasons, or if we're all different and here for the same reason.

Everyone is different so each person has to find what works for them and only them. We're all here for the same reason.

Personally, I'm going to eat all the foods and log all the foods.

Yep. Eat it all and log it all. It's impossible to destroy a diet in 1 day. I logged it out for curiosity's sake .. no bastardized versions of recipes .. and well .. it's just not that bad:

Turkey - Meat only, cooked, roasted, 226.0 g 384
    Generic - Turkey Gravy, 4 oz 90
    Generic - Homemade Cornbread and Turkey Sausage Stuffing, 1 cup 242
    Ocean Spray - Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce 1oz, 4 oz 220
    Side - Campbell's - Green Bean Casserole W/ French's Fried Onions, 3/4 cup 148
    Generic - Sweet Potato Casserole With Brown Sugar and Pecans, 1 cup 211
    Generic - Pumpkin Pie, 1 slice 323
    Homemade - Blueberry Pie, 1 slice (1/8 of 9" dia) 400
    Whipped Cream - Homemade Whipped Heavy Cream Topping, 1/2 cup 102
    Generic - Table Wine - White, 4 Glass 3.5 fl oz 280
    Total Calories 2,400

Sorry it's ugly .. calories only listed.

Granted, I'll throw another 1000 on top of that during the day .. we have people over early, and do some drinking and picking while dinner cooks ..

Ugly indeed! Why only 1/2 cup of whipped cream, and why isn't there enough sugar in it? :laugh:
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking a lot about this and I believe I have an optimal plan for ME. But please if you don't have anything nice to say about my plan then just don't say it. We are all here for the same reasons so lets just hold hands and sing songs. Ok now that I have that out of the way here's the gameplan.

First, I'm going to bring some whey protein with me to the thanksgiving feast. When my relatives aren't looking, I'll sprinkle some whey into their milk to hopefully help blunt their appetite so that they don't eat as much. Not for their sake, for mine. I really hate when we run out of turkey.

I've also decided this year that when I take four or five massive scoops of mashed potatoes, I'm going to use my spoon to mash the middle of the potato mountain to create a big cavern so that I can pour the gravy into the cavern and it will sit there like a gravy swimming pool. If I were more comfortable I'd take my shirt and pants off and dive into the gravy pool but I think it might be a bad impression to give my son since he can't swim yet, and that's pretty unfair.

I'm also going to sit in the chair nearest the back-counter where we keep the pie so that I can position myself closer to the pie and minimize travel time between my plate and the pie. This, combined with the potential hunger blunting effects of whey protein that I used on my relatives, may result in more pie for me.

Finally, I'm wearing my gym pants instead of jeans, and bringing a towel in case I get the meat sweats.

Thanks for reading my gameplans and remember this is just what works for me and we're all different.

I approve of this plan. I may have to enact it myself.