whens it gonna happen??

Options
i have really been trying hard for 3 1/2 weeks now and i am down about 2.5 lbs but thats all!!!! when is it gonna start falling off a little quicker? what do i do to kick it into high gear??

Replies

• SunnyDee712
    SunnyDee712 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    What are you doing to lose weight? Working out? Watching calories? Both?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i have really been trying hard for 3 1/2 weeks now and i am down about 2.5 lbs but thats all!!!! when is it gonna start falling off a little quicker? what do i do to kick it into high gear??

What's the rush?
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    Options

What's the rush?

Hey it's 2.5 lbs less than you used to be!
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options

What's the rush?

^^^This!! Slow and steady wins the race, my friend and you will be more apt to keep it off.
  • roniredd
    Options
    2.5 pounds is great!
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Just think; in 3.5 more weeks you'll be up to 5lb lost :smile:

And in 7 weeks after that, it'll be 10 :happy:

By spring you'll have lost all you've hoped for :bigsmile:

Go You!! :drinker:
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    not hard enough
    obviously.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    with only 22 lbs to lose your weekly goal should only be 1 lb/week at most anyway, and 2.5lbs is pretty close to that
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Rome wasn't built in a day.

What are you going to do after you reach your goal weight, by the way?
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    You didn't gain the weight overnight, its going to take time to get it off. Have patience and it will happen...I am the living proof
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I think you need to re-set your expectations. If you are here for a crash diet this is the wrong place... The fastest rates of loss happen usually when you are just starting.

According to your profile you have 22 lbs to lose. You will NOT be losing it in a month, or even 2 if you expect to keep it off. The less weight you have to reach your goal the slower it should be. 2.5 lbs is incredible progress for 3.5 weeks. With 20 lbs you should be setting your expectation around 6 months.

If you want some idea of how long you can expect it to take - assuming you are doing it safely you can try http://www.fitwatch.com/qkcalc/weight-loss-calculator.php

For more information you can try reading the stickied posts at the top of the "Getting Started " forum and go from there.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options

You're losing at a healthy, sustainable rate. There is no need to "kick it into high gear" as it sounds as though your body is working just as it should be. Keep on doing what you're doing and be patient.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    The Biggest Loser is not real life.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it is happening - congrats on your progress so far.

It's not going to fall off overnight - it's a process, and well worth the time. Dang tv shows like the Biggest Loser and Extreme Weight Loss have tainted our views of how weight loss is "supposed" to happen. Kills me when I see the trainers groan and look SO disappointed when contestant has "only lost 7lbs" in the final weeks of the show. That's just not realistic, like most of Hollywood, really. :tongue:

As others have said - with only 22lbs to lose, 1lb a week or less is a good goal. And make sure you take your measurements along the way as well - often you'll see progress there while the scale is busy messing with your head.

Eat your calories, drink water, exercise, take rest days, get good sleep, and have patience.
    Good luck!
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    For some people it will not melt off...

I have lost 24 lbs in 316 days.

There are too many factors to consider.
  • tfleischer
    tfleischer Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Go to the market and get 2.5 lbs. of hamburger meat and look at the mass that it is.
    That is a lot of mass to lose.
    Actually, since hamburger meat is 75 muscle/25 fat, the mass of 2.5 lbs. of body fat is actually quite a bit more.
    And.... think of the percentage of weight you have lost. Since starting back, I am down by 7 lbs., which is more than 2% of my total weight.
    Now ... think of the stock market... if there were a two percent drop in the stock market in just a few days, it would be headline news.
    Here for the long haul. Weight lost over time stays off. Weight that disappears overnight often comes back overnight with no reason.
    Keep doing what you know is the right thing to do.
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    The Biggest Loser is not real life.

AGREE!!! 100%
  • crafty30
    crafty30 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    2.5lbs in 3.5 weeks is great! Sometimes I would only lose a pound a month! It took me a year to lose the weight I needed to… weight loss is not an overnight thing, you need to have patience. The slower you lose it, the longer it will stay off..It cant be a quick fix.
  • meerkatable
    meerkatable Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Not to mention, sometimes (depending on whether you're also keeping up with exercise and how many calories you're restricting and whether you're making sure to eat enough protein) losing a lot of weight really quickly isn't losing fat, it's losing muscle. So this is good! This is probably actual fat you're losing!

In a lot of ways slower is better because it can mean you're dieting in a sustainable way and making life choices that will last past your restrictions, which means you'll KEEP it off, which is super important!

So yay!!!

(I am clearly a fan of run-on sentences.)
  • kuderstadt
    kuderstadt Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Go to the market and get 2.5 lbs. of hamburger meat and look at the mass that it is.
    That is a lot of mass to lose.
    Actually, since hamburger meat is 75 muscle/25 fat, the mass of 2.5 lbs. of body fat is actually quite a bit more.
    And.... think of the percentage of weight you have lost. Since starting back, I am down by 7 lbs., which is more than 2% of my total weight.
    Now ... think of the stock market... if there were a two percent drop in the stock market in just a few days, it would be headline news.
    Here for the long haul. Weight lost over time stays off. Weight that disappears overnight often comes back overnight with no reason.
    Keep doing what you know is the right thing to do.

I always think of the mass of a lb of butter from the grocery store being equivalent to a lb of body fat…. thought I was the only one to make a comparison like that!!!!

I think 2.5 lbs is a great loss!!! I know it's not as much as everyone wants, but I really believe it's a healthy sustainable loss. Be proud!!!