Book Club!

Options
2»

Replies

• krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Big reader too and have always thought about joining a book club but never worked out with my schedule. Online should be fun! Count me in please!

Done! :happy:
  • krystina_letitia9
    Options
    Bump!
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    How do I find the club to join?

Edited, found and joined
  • nellyb2011
    nellyb2011 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Im interested.
  • patsyacs
    patsyacs Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I read as much as I can. All kinds of authors and topics. My favorite are mysteries.

Patsy:happy:
  • featherbrained
    featherbrained Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm in, but will likely only be able to access Kindle available suggestions. I was in the "I'll never have an e-reader" club until 2 months ago. And I'm not big on gadgets. I use a Tracfone and a 7 year old Toshiba, and that's it! But Kindle has renewed my enjoyment of reading. I've read more in the last 2 months than in the last 2 years, because we live deep in the country, and access to libraries/bookstores is difficult. Just the fact that I have anything I want to read right there, all the time, instantly, wow!

I love real books, too. But I never thought I'd like my kindle so much :)

I also just started using the self-checkout. I feel so progressive ;)

I like hard boiled crime, romance, mysteries, soft core horror, erotica, and some non fiction. A few recent reads that really touched me, Theodore Sturgeon's Almost Human, The Survival of Thomas Ford by John A. A. Logan, and surprisingly, Anne Rice's The Wolf Gift - not as well-done as Interview, but okay. I just started James Lee Burke's Light of the World. He's my all time favorite writer.

Do I go find the group, or will you add me? Thanks!
  • krystina_letitia9
    Options
    I send invites to everyone here that has replied. If you didn't get it, search "Bookends Book Club" in the groups section! Love to have a few more but this is perfect!
  • patsyacs
    Options
    So what to read first? I am reading "Two Graves" by Preston & Child (on Kindle). A Pendergast mystery.
    Just reread "Jared Southwick - a good read about societal differences.
  • patsyacs
    Options
    So what to read first? I am reading "Two Graves" by Preston & Child (on Kindle). A Pendergast mystery.
    Just reread "Jared Southwick - a good read about societal differences.

That should say "Marysvale" by Jared Southwick

Sorry
  • featherbrained
    featherbrained Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Welcome! We're currently reading Light of the World by James Lee Burke. I think we'll make a new selection on the 10th?
  • krystina_letitia9
    Options
    If anyone else wants to join, search for the book club in groups or else shoot me a message and I can send an invite your way. The current book is taking a bit longer so we will be extending for at least one more week, maybe two. There's still time if you want to read it or join and start with the next book!
  • krystina_letitia9
    Options
    in for new titles to read (i am dutch but i don't mind reading english books as well)

Sent you an invite!
  • krystina_letitia9
    Options
    Bump!
  • krystina_letitia9
    Options
    Just going to bump this one last time... :happy:
  • krystina_letitia9
    Options
    Bumping this! Our group has been waning. Just starting "The Night Circus" by Erin Morgenstern for the month of Feb. Search for Bookends Book Club in the groups section if you would like to join :happy:
  • steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    will check it out. Just read Night Circus