Sugar addiction.

Options
Dear MFP users,

I am here confessing that I have a sugar addiction.

I have eaten something sweet (like chocolate, ice cream, biscuit, spoon of condensed milk, ect.) every evening for 3 weeks! I am so shocked and I would like to cut sugar out from my diet completely!
To make it fair, I don't ever add sugar into my coffee or tea, I don't drink sweet drinks (I only drink water) and I exercise regularly.. Should I feel guilty for eating so much sweet things or is it okay?

-I am also trying to gain some weight due to an Eating Disorder, but I don't wanna gain fat, I wanna gain lean muscles..

Any tips on how to cure my cravings and get rid of sugar?

THANK YOU!

Replies

• stt43
    stt43 Posts: 487
    Options
    I have the same problem.
    As long as you are aware of it, not having huge quantities, it's not having an effect on your health, and it's not getting in the way of your goals, then I would say you are completely fine. Sugar is demonised, but as long as you are active and don't go crazy then it shouldn't be a problem.
    Make sure you are still getting enough fat in your diet, and enough protein if you want to gain lean muscle.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    You have an eating disorder, not a sugar addiction. Instead of restricting items, focus on your recovery.
  • ryandeceptacon
    ryandeceptacon Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Can you earnestly explain why you wish to cut sugar completely out of your diet?
  • Rawrsawrus29
    Options
    I don't want to get diabetes and I want to start living healthy and fit.. Every time I eat sugar, I feel guilt and don't feel happy about my looks or how I feel. When I have a 'clean' day, I feel happy, lighter and much more confident. I get the feeling that I have done something right in my life

There's an earnest explanation..