Chili's Menu

Options
hkystar
hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
So I am trying to figure out what I will eat tonight at Chili's, their menu isnt the healthiest.

I am thinking the side salad (with no dressing and not eating any croutons) 180 calories
Lowfat ranch dressing on the side at 110 calories per 2 oz (only shooting for using at most 1 oz)
and getting the kids grilled chicken fingers 150 calories.

Question is... will i be allowed to order from the kids menu?

Replies

• think48
    think48 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Oh goodness, do you HAVE to go to Chili's? My family and I were planning to go there one night so I looked up the menu before leaving. I was sick to my stomach after looking at the nutritionals on their menu - we found a different place to go and haven't been back since! Even the stuff I "thought" was somewhat healthy was horrid.

BUT, if you have to go, what you have planned sounds the safest! Good luck! :)
  • nikki91950
    Options
    i'm pretty sure that most chili's are the same... and i know they have a grilled chicken sandwich and a smoked turkey sandwich now, and they have steamed vegetables you can get in place of fries! the turkey sandwich comes with cheese and mayo, but you could have them leave one or both off if you wanted. if you suck up to the waiter/waitress from the get go, and they're in a good mood, you might be able to get away with ordering from the kids menu!
  • kathryn21
    Options
    You can asked for grilled "guiltless chicken". This used to be on there menu, but theyll still do it. And ask for "guiltless" veggies with NO cheese or butter. Also, to add some flavor asked for onions and peppers to mix in with your chicken. Resist the chips- so hard when people get chips and salsa. Maybe ask for a side of salsa and put some on your chicken
  • jmcniel
    jmcniel Posts: 65
    Options
    I do not see why they wouldn't let you.

Chilli's is hard for me since I love their rack of ribs...they are so good, yet so horrible for you. I tend to only go their for my birthday or if there is some other celebration.
  • amscobra
    Options
    I know this is off the wall, but try IHOP, the kids love it, and they have changed their menu that now has more healthier options.
  • orange_avocado
    Options
    You might want to check out this article from the DailySpark: http://www.dailyspark.com/blog.asp?post=diet_friendly_dining_chilis_grill

It has some good ideas for options under 500 calories, as well as some items to avoid. If they give you heck about ordering off the children's menu (some restaurants won't let you because it's cheaper) maybe you could split an entree or take half of it home. One strategy is to get a take-home box right when your meal comes out and put half away, that way you know you're not eating it all and you're not tempted to pick at your take-home half while waiting for other people to finish.

Good luck!
    106246 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My friend and I go to Chili's and we split the Margarita Chicken and instead of the rice and beans we get two side orders of the Seasonal veggies. We also ask for extra pico. It is so good and very reasonable in calories...the chicken is about 130 calories for half the serving and the veggies are 80. You really could eat the whole thing if you wanted!! Never feel like you have to totally give up your favorites...it will ultimately lead to failure...learn how to make it work within your limits. Enjoy your dinner out tonight!!!
    106246 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My friend and I go to Chili's and we split the Margarita Chicken and instead of the rice and beans we get two side orders of the Seasonal veggies. We also ask for extra pico. It is so good and very reasonable in calories...the chicken is about 130 calories for half the serving and the veggies are 80. You really could eat the whole thing if you wanted!! Never feel like you have to totally give up your favorites...it will ultimately lead to failure...learn how to make it work within your limits. Enjoy your dinner out tonight!!!
  • ahoward76
    Options
    I recently ate there and did the guiltless grilled chicken sandwich w/ steamed broccoli and it was actually pretty tasty. Instead of mayo they use ff honey mustard which gives it a good flavor too and a whole wheat bun. Of course you want to get that (dressing) on the side so you can decide how much to use. Anyway, hope that helps some. :smile:

AHoward~
  • Megooo19
    Megooo19 Posts: 199
    Options
    I get the guiltless grill asian salad. It's 410 calories but I can eat half and be pretty satisfied.
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken sandwich, no condiments, vegetable instead of french fries and you can always take half home with you.
  • exercisediva
    Options
    i usually pre plan when i go to Chilis by googling their nutrition facts, its a great tool so you will know if you are going overboard.
  • exercisediva
    Options
    i usually pre plan when i go to Chilis by googling their nutrition facts, its a great tool so you will know if you are going overboard.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options

great advice. i love chili's but yes their food is very bad haha
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    Chilis would not be my choice but I am going out with the BF and his friends (who picked the restaurant). I was thinking about the grilled chicken sandwhich and just not eatting the bun (which doesnt bother me since I am not a big bread eater). Maybe I can do the side salad instead of veggies (I am weird about cooked veggies and would prefer just a salad).
  • emersoam
    emersoam Posts: 179
    Options
    All you can do is go to their website and research your best options before hand! I'm sure you can find something with decent fat and calories there, but good luck with the sodium!!!
  • darcibean
    Options
    They have a "Guiltless Grill Menu" inside their regular menu!

http://healthydiningfinder.com/restaurant/?id=62
  • karlowe
    karlowe Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    :smile: :smile: grilled chicken fajatas w/o the tortillas and condiments=360cal & YUMMY!!!
  • melodymartinez
    Options
    I go to Chili's all the time. The Margarita Chicken and the Guitless Santa Fe wrap are both excellent and about 600 calories.
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Or sometimes I just order whatever I want within reason and eat 1/2 of it...like a burger and then I don't eat the fries. My husband will sometimes split something with me. I also never eat the fries. The chicken sandwich sounds like a good option. I have just experienced it always on the dry side there. Have fun no matter what you order!!!