Going beyond my fear

Options
I am going beyond my fear today and posting here for the first time. I have been using this software for a couple years now and have yet to make the progress I need to for my physical, mental and emotional well being. I am so completely nervous about posting and sharing my insecurities but if we don't accept where we are how can we move forward, right? I need to lose 55lbs to be healthy. While I eat pretty good my issue is portions. So I am here really just introducing myself and opening myself up to the opportunity of support, I am really bad at asking for help and seeking support.
So, um… yeah… Hi everyone!

Replies

• FerretBuellerr
    FerretBuellerr Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • Ftw37
    Ftw37 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I was very nervous posting the first few times as well.

However, you will find that your success here at MFP is almost directly related to the amount you get involved. Being accountable to others is important, but being accountable to YOURSELF is the most important, IMHO.

Feel free to add me as a friend. I'll offer feedback and support any way I can.

Frank (ftw37)
  • nrobenolt
    nrobenolt Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I think we all have fears of some kind im glad you over came yours =) add me if you would like!
  • madaboutmitch
    Options
    Good for you! It is so hard to go out of our comfort zones! I have a HUGE problem with portion size. That is probably my biggest food issue. Since I started on MFP, I have had to work very hard at eating and cooking realistic portion sizes. My idea of what should feed 4 people, and the real amount were very different. But, I am learning! I am forcing myself to read nutritional information, and not go overboard when I cook. It is a constant struggle.

I am with you! Friend me- we can help each other learn learn portion size!
  • twistedbutterfly
    twistedbutterfly Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Posting the first time was hard for me too. Thankfully people here have been super nice. Portion size has often seemed sneaky to me. Especially with things like chocolate and cheese. :) Please feel free to add me.
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Welcome !!!! Yeah you did it!!!

Add me as a friend, lets motivate and get those portions under control and hit your goals!