Hello!

Hi Fitnesspal community,

I am about to turn 25 and I am done living at my current weight. I have been a "Bigger" girl, my whole life and I am tired of how I feel about myself, how I look, and how I feel in general.

I work around 50 hours a week, I am an assistant manager at a semi-fast food bakery. I am constantly around fatty carb filled yummy foods. Temptations abound! On top of my work schedule I also am a part time caretaker for my 3 younger siblings which I pick up from school and take care of until bedtime anywhere from 2 days a week to 4 days a week.

I find It difficult to make time to go work out, and the days that I am not working from 3am-7:30pm I am too exhausted anyway it seems. I started my weight loss last year and was able to lose around 30 lbs, from mostly cutting out soda and becoming a little more aware of what I was eating. I had a friend helping me keep accountable and It really felt like it was working! She moved away a few months ago, and I feel like I fell off the wagon.

My goal for weight loss is this, I want to go into the United States Air Force. It is my dream. I do not want to be working in the food industry anymore. I want to go places with my life, I want to do things and experience all the things that the world has to offer.

The Air force currently has an age limit of 26 years old. I turn 26 November 12, 2014. In order to join the AF, I need to weigh 170 lbs or less. I Need to lose weight, I want to lose weight!

I am looking for any advice that you have to give, tips to stay on the right track and people to help me be accountable!

Please join me in my journey to become the healthier person that I know I could be!

-Distell

Replies

• Livin4me1969
    Livin4me1969 Posts: 745 Member
    75 pounds is definately acheiveable by November of next year but you do need to start some form of exercise not so much so the weight loss but for the conditioning if you want to get into the military. MFP is a great start and there are a lot of people on here that will be able to help you along the way. The journey is one step at a time but you can do it! I started in January and have lost 60 pounds as far just by logging what I eat and exercises 3-4 times a week for about 1 hour and I am 44 so you should pass me in no time flat. Feel free to add me if you would like and Good Luck!!
  • Distell
    Distell Posts: 5 Member
    Thanks for the support! Adding you.
  • AnneFroel
    AnneFroel Posts: 22 Member
    Hi :)

I am not sure I would have the best advices as I am beginning this journey myself, but I have about the same stats than you and know that it can be hard to do it on your own.

Feel free to add me and chat so we can support and motivate each other :)

You have a great motivation with the US Air Force and I am sure that you can make it :)

I don't work as much as you do and I still find it hard to exercise and eat healthy after a day at work! I have solved the issue with eating healthy with cooking a big meal for the week on the Sunday so I just have to reheat it after work!

Cheers,
    Anne