Best facial product for dry skin

Options
I have very dry skin, especially after I wash my face or take a shower, whether it's with hot or cold water. I am a male if that makes any difference and I've used female products in the past but never found anything that I like.

I do all the other things for my skin: plenty of water, fruit and veg, good night sleep, fresh bed sheets every few days.

Replies

• almasters90
    almasters90 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Skin Drink by Lush. Just started using it the other day when my skin was really dry from the cold and wind and now it glows. It only took a day for the dryness to heal too. Check it out.

http://www.lushusa.com/Skin-Drink/00028,en_US,pd.html#q=skin%20drink&start=4

:happy:
  • kkgrasty
    kkgrasty Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thjis is because the water and shower and not only cleansing yoru skin, but also stripping it. I am partial becuase i sell Arbonne, but it also means I know a bit about skin care. ;) We suggest using a toner to bring back the PH balance of your sking and then following with mositurizer. The toner is NOT something with alchol however, and is NOT something for acne. Those products will actually dry your skin out more. Also, when you go to find the right moisturizer for you face make sure it does not contain mineral oil. Mineral oil is in almost every product because it is a cheap filler, however you skin will never obsorb it due to its molecular structure. Think of baby oil... put it on your skin then what happens when it gets wet... the water just beads up on top. So... if there is mineral oil in it, not only do you not get the good things that are also in the lotion, but you are also not letting your skin breath. This is not good because our skin is our largest detox organ and it need to let things in and out. :) With all of that said. I woudl definetly suggest you try some Arbonne skin care. We have a line spefically for men, it is easy and only two steps (wash.. has built in toner and a moisturizer). If you want to send me a personal message I would even be happy so send you a sample to try out.
  • Kirstyw871
    Kirstyw871 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Johnsons baby lotion!!!!
  • Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I used this soap on my DRY skin (and I drink heaps of water, but just have extremely dry skin) and it literally transformed it within a couple of days. It's all natural, has aloe vera, and MSM sulphur. I've never had any soap penetrate and soften my skin like this stuff. Of course, after I wash with it, I lightly pat my skin dry and slather on a body lotion... it's available on Amazon.com. "At Last Naturals MSM Herbal Moisturizing Bar". I haven't been lucky enough to find it in any local shops.

I also got a shower filter for my bath/shower. It removes the chlorine from the water, and that has made a big difference in not stripping the few natural oils in my skin.

Good luck, I know that dry skin can be uncomfortable, itchy, and overall a pain!
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I see nobody's made a sexual joke here yet. Shame on all of you! I won't say it. I just won't!

Great. Now you have me thinking of pearl necklaces.

(Yep, I'm tired.)

EDIT: Oh...I post *then* I click the link. Nevremind. Carry on.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I use coconut oil at night. It makes my skin feel a bit greasy at the time, but in the morning it feels really soft and moisturised.
  • RosaliaBee
    RosaliaBee Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Smooth on coconut oil, leave on for a while (good while in the bath) then massage face with a warm damp (squeezed out) cloth. Best done after using a facial scrub. Super soft baby skin after your bath.
  • justianne82
    Options
    Try some natural product like olive oil, it can hydrate your skin and it also heals crack and dry lip. Try infuse water also, fuse some fruits to your water to have some taste. Infuse water has many benefits which is good for our health and skin. It will keep our skin hydrated and healthy.
  • Oxxygi
    Oxxygi Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Yep, definitely some coconut oil!!! I love it!
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    I third or fourth or fifth or whatever coconut oil.

ETA: Wtf necro!?
  • amethyst7986
    amethyst7986 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I use Cereve face wash with moisturizer and then Aveeno lotions, preferably the ones with sunscreen in them, they are very light on your skin. Also if you are washing your face multiple times a day that could also be the reason.
  • AshleyM71
    AshleyM71 Posts: 3,029 Member
    Options
    Ok. I shouldn't give away my secret....but I need to share with my amazing GFs out there:

1. Reviva brand (pure) hyaluronic acid serum as a moisturizer. You can get it pretty cheeply at Vitacost.com
    2. Use a nightly combination of a pure peptide cream mixed with an entire dropper full of vitamin C serum. The vitamin C turns the peptide cream into an atomic bomb of collagen deactivation.
  • AshleyM71
    AshleyM71 Posts: 3,029 Member
    Options
    Oops! Collagen ACTIVATION