Ugh!!!! Time of month

Options
All I want during this time is salt and sweet with a few pops thrown in for good measure. LOL. What will I do??????????? :frown:

Replies

• Natalie511
    Natalie511 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem...I guess I have always had this problem but now I am tracking it and I can see what it is doing...I need help too....I can't control myself...
    I wonder if I am low on a certain vitamin or something..does anyone know????
  • aneajo
    aneajo Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I know I have always had that problem also and didn't care. I would eat whatever made me feel better. I am NOT a nice person then and the salty made me a bit nicer :)
  • countindowntothin
    countindowntothin Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem...I guess I have always had this problem but now I am tracking it and I can see what it is doing...I need help too....I can't control myself...
    I wonder if I am low on a certain vitamin or something..does anyone know????

I think we are low on Vitamin C, C in this case, stands for CHOCOLATE!!! lol :)
  • aneajo
    aneajo Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hahah. Love that
  • healthydoseofglitter
    Options
    That time of the month I try to keep 100 cal snack packs (chocolate cookies yummy) around ... limit myself to one a day... they get the job done. I also love 94% Fat Free Popcorn. If you eat something you shouldnt have because you craved it just track it and move on. Drink plenty of water and get in some extra cardio. Sometimes you just want what you crave.

Also a side note ... I am always either up a few lbs or stay the same weight during TOM.
  • Ravyn1982
    Ravyn1982 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I crave things during this too. But I'm usually craving more portien based ones. I always want reese's. They are my downfall and i'm unbearable without it. I've gotten better about. I let myself have one a day during my period just to keep me happy. I figure if I'm craving it enough that it affects my mood I should let my body have it. But I stick with the small ones. So if you have the cravings learn the self control to let yourself have just one of whatever it is you want and then be done for the day. Don't feel guilty about giving in with just that one even if its everyday of the period. Cravings are your body's way of telling you something is missing. Just don't go over board!!
  • hammod
    hammod Posts: 23
    Options
    I crave salty foods so i start eating things like pickles (I know really high sodium), but they are low fat/cal. It probably also isn't good because then I retain water and usually go up about 3-5 lbs during TOM. I also enjoy low fat popcorn because of the salt. I also like eating tomatoes/cucumbers with low fat dressing and a sprinkle of seasoning salt on top. :)

I also agree that if you crave it so much that it changes your mood then by all means eat the stuff - just try not to go overboard. :)
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    oh man i hear ya, i tried really really hard to resist not only the halloween candy that isn't opened yet, but the chocolate bars at work...i failed on both sides...but not miserably...i didn't gorge, and to be honest i didn't feel that well after the halloween candy lol but my TOM and Saturdays are the worst days for crappy eating...if there's a magic potion please let me know