Calorie Intake

Options
I have been losing weight since April...I started out at 233 and have lost 55 lbs so far, but I have been stuck at 178 for a month now...I do Focus T25 everyday, Zumba on Monday and Wednesday evenings and I run 3.5 miles on Saturday. I eat around 1300 calories a day and have been since I've been trying to lose. I don't know why I'm not losing anymore. Can someone give me a tip on what I can do to start losing again..I really can't cut my calories back with this amount of exercise can I?

Replies

• _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I would suggest finding your tdee and take 20-25% off that number and aim for it.. you might find you aren't eating enough.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

try this one
  • ValerieJean
    ValerieJean Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have been stuck too and i find if i cheat i gain it back so fast its terrible.. I am just getting to the point where i tell myself to just give up because i am not going to lose anymore but i know deep down that is not what i want. Its hard for me because i am still breastfeeding my son, in which i have been trying to wean for a while now. Sometimes i feel like that is hurting me because i can't drop my calories too low. but if i don't drop them, i gain.. too weird.. I am just at a loss for words, wish i could help... but just wanted to let you know you are not alone and i wanted to follow this for tips.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    As you lose weight, your calorie deficit shrinks because you don't have as much weight to move around...thus you need less calorie in total to maintain weight. With a shrinking gap, your margin for error also decreases...it could be that you were getting away with some margin of error earlier on that you are not getting away with now...or you might need to re-evaluate your calorie goals. Also, the leaner you get the slower it goes...you can't go balls to the wall with few Lbs to lose.

personally I'd just check and double check everything...every portion...get out the food scale and measuring cups and get some precision on...if you weren't doing that before then I guarantee you that you were getting away with quite a bit of estimation error that you're not going to be able to get away with now.
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I would suggest finding your tdee and take 20-25% off that number and aim for it.. you might find you aren't eating enough.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

try this one

This. Worked and is working for me. But make it 15%-20%. You don't seem to have that much more to lose if I'm right.