NSV Running

Options
_Waffle_
_Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
I ran to the mailbox at the end of the drive today and back without walking. I wasn't even that out of breath. I've been noticing that I can walk up the stairs non-stop too and I feel like I have so much energy now.

I might go check the mail again even though I know it won't come till the morning just because I can. Yay me!

Replies

• Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    That's great! I hope you wore your HRM, and be sure to eat your exercise calories.:flowerforyou:
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    Congrats, but take it slow! No need to injure yourself
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Oh man, what are you using as a recovery drink?
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    YAY, Go You!!:drinker:
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,232 Member
    Options
    Keep working at it! Maybe someday you'll run a half marathon tough mudder (or two).
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. That is a huge accomplishment. I know it was probably mentally difficult, but you did it! If I wasn't at work and could post a gif of people clapping, I would.
  • iamanadult
    iamanadult Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Really proud of you, congratulations. You should buy yourself some sort of reward..maybe a cheat meal!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    Good job you!! :drinker:
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    You might want to drop a bottle of water at the mailbox for the next time you do this. It's important to stay hydrated. Also, make sure it's a bottle with a sealed top so you'll know if it has been ruffied.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    You might want to drop a bottle of water at the mailbox for the next time you do this. It's important to stay hydrated. Also, make sure it's a bottle with a sealed top so you'll know if it has been ruffied.

You also might want to consider carrying a gun on your daily run. Who knows what could be lurking in your driveway!
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I'm happy that you're happy, but I can't support this kind of excessive physical activity. You need to take it easy before you wind up with an overuse injury! You've already been to the mailbox once today - leave it at that and don't overdo it. And I'd highly recommend taking at least a week off to rest. See if you can get a neighbor to bring your mail to the door everyday in the meantime, so you don't hurt yourself lifting all of it when you get back to it! Good luck on your journey, OP!:flowerforyou:
  • RunnerLisa1
    RunnerLisa1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Did you taper before hand?
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    I'm happy for your success, but please be careful.

Statistics show that 20% of all running injuries happen within one tenth of a mile from the runner's front door.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options

What is this taper? Is that like stretching?
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Make sure you get fitted for a proper pair of running shoes. Oh - and don't increase your speed too quickly...that's a recipe for shin splints!
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options

What is this taper? Is that like stretching?

Taper

tape_0.gif
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    if you didn't throw up at the end of the run, you didn't push hard enough.
  • dorianaldyn
    dorianaldyn Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I hope you were wearing some compression socks; if not, expect to be realllly sore tomorrow.
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Safe to awesome you got an awesome finisher's medal.

Post a pic!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    What's next, running all the way around the block?

You can download the free C2B training plan at RunnersWorld.com