Hello all -- Lurker coming in from the cold

Options
Signed up some time ago via my Android phone and then, well to be honest, completely forgot I had that app. *chuckle*
But I recently found it and thought Id post to introduce myself.

I suppose most of this is already in my profile and I guess you can peek in on that but Ill give a quick summery.

My name is Dave. Im 37 years old. I live in a very rural town in beautiful eastern Kentucky where I work as a graphics designer and animator for a local cell phone company.

I have been doing weight watchers since November of last year and while I have lost a significant amount of weight on that system I seem to have reached a plateau I just cant seem to get beyond so I am going to attempt to shake things up a bit using the calorie tracking app you guys have made available.

Ill leave things at that for now. Im normally a lurker and dont post unless I have questions so if anyone wants to chat feel free to private message me, if this site has that feature.

Thanks all,

Dave

Replies

• xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I know how easy it is to forget this at first--trust me, though, it's addictive once you start logging stuff. Hopefully it'll be just what you need to break your plateau (I love the fact that it counts cals as well as other nutrients... gives a bigger picture than just calories or points). Good luck!
  • kdeaner
    kdeaner Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • gyftofthewyrm
    Options
    Thank you ladies. Ive been reading a few other forum posts, mostly by new members and replies to them by vets about how they are former WW members and cancelled their membership after just a few days here. If Im successfull with MFP then I may do the same. 45 bucks back in my pocket would be nice.

:-)
  • gingajoy
    Options
    hi there:-) I personally get a lot out of this site, and especially the support tools & the calorie tracker. Free! I've found the community side really helpful too -- just a few folks to support and cheer you on. But for some people the f2f side of WW is a real motivator. Feel free to friend me and friend some others too (friending newbies is always a good way to go):-)
  • Lyndzo
    Lyndzo Posts: 142
    Options
    Welcome!