How much weight did you gain during your pregnancy?

Options
benefiting
benefiting Posts: 795 Member
I'm not pregnant and if I ever am it won't be for at least another 4 years but I was just curious about how much other people have put on due to it. Did you eat healthy or did you let yourself go a bit or even completely?

Replies

• Inner_Goddess
    Inner_Goddess Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    My first pregnancy I gained 3 pounds. My second one I lost 2. My third I gained 7. My body metabolizes really well when pregnant and my doctor was fine with my gains. I ate healthy, but not a lot different than before I became pregnant. My 3rd, I ended up with gestational diabetes and gained 7 lbs in a month, but after the restricted diet, lost 4 pounds.
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I haven't been pregnant, but my mother lost weight when she had me, I think she said about 9 or 10 lbs. With my sister, she packed on about 30 lbs. Hard to tell which will be me lol D:
  • AnchoredinHimfitness
    Options
    Child 1- 22lbs
    Child 2- 21lbs
    Child 3- 24lbs
    Child 4- 22lbs

I ate CRAP!!!!! I did not eat well, in all honesty!
  • jnmueggy
    Options
    My weight problems came with pregnancy. I became insatiably hungry, I am talking zombie hungry.

I dd - 60 lbs
    2dd - 60 lbs
    3dd- 45 lbs

With my third dd I actually started out in good shape and did water aerobics throughout my pregnancy.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I gained very little all 5 pregnancies... but I did suffer from hyperemesis during the whole 9 months for all of them. :sick: :sad:
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    24 with baby #1

18 with baby #2

I pretty much ate the same as I always did.
  • Truegoddess22
    Truegoddess22 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I gained 30 lbs exactly. I went from 130 to 160. Lost the weight fairly quickly. My son is now 8 and I currently weigh 176. Heaveist I've ever been in my life :(
  • skadoosh33
    skadoosh33 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    This is going to vary greatly since many on here have gotten pregnant while overweight/obese. There is no need for huge weight gain. My wife just went from 119-141lbs, delivered at 39.5 weeks. Baby girl is now 4 months and wife is 117lbs. This is what happens when you exercise throughout pregnancy, easy and quick recovery. First hike was 7 days after c-section with baby in Ergo. Normal exercise resumed at two weeks.
  • kkerri
    kkerri Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    60 each time, but I was pretty thin starting and I lost it (well, since the second, I have struggled with 5-8 pounds that will be my demise, but I am also older and have a desk job).

I was sick and miserable and felt hungover every day, so I ate a lot of carbs, I was also hungry ALL. THE. TIME.
  • kkerri
    kkerri Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Glad your wife had it easy, but it's not so easy for everyone.
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    I was very sick though the first 3 months and was losing weight. I had to eat a lot of ice cream just to gain in the last 5 months ( she came a month early)
  • benefiting
    Options
    My first pregnancy I gained 3 pounds. My second one I lost 2. My third I gained 7. My body metabolizes really well when pregnant and my doctor was fine with my gains. I ate healthy, but not a lot different than before I became pregnant. My 3rd, I ended up with gestational diabetes and gained 7 lbs in a month, but after the restricted diet, lost 4 pounds.

Wow, you're a very lucky woman. xD
  • benefiting
    Options
    I gained very little all 5 pregnancies... but I did suffer from hyperemesis during the whole 9 months for all of them. :sick: :sad:

Aw, that's not good. :(
  • simplycorey
    simplycorey Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I gained 22-33 pounds with each of my 5 pregnancies.
  • alyangel123
    alyangel123 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    25lbs at the end of my pregnancy, all of it was gone and some 2 weeks after he was born. I ate more than usual, but I have a small-ish appetite, so only ate roughly 1700 until the last trimester when I ate 2000
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I've had 3. #1 - 26 lbs., #2 - 35.lbs., and #3 - 25 lbs...isn't it strange that I know that down to the lb? yup.
  • zjpq
    zjpq Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    first - 60lbs - oops! in my defense I did have a bit of an issue with my pancreas that I think probably helped pack it on
    second - 40lbs but started 20 heavier anyway, boo! but kind of learned my lesson? third times a charm, we'll see in a couple years!
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    40 lbs

:grumble:

I just couldn't stop eating after the morning sickness (all day sickness) finally passed. I wish I'd practiced a little more self control and exercised more.

20/20
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options

From what I've heard of the condition, I would have stopped at one! You are a true warrior. :drinker:
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    I gained 50 lbs with my first and about 40 lbs with my second. Honestly, it was mostly me letting my eating go to hell in a hand basket. Taco Bell boxes and smore blizzards. ..

My first weighed 8.6 lbs and second was 9.4 lbs though ;)