Day One of Atkins: Killing me

Options
Today I decided to go low-carb. Not only it's really good for weight loss, but also acne. I'm sick of being fat, and have an acne-filled face. Since I pretty much used to LIVE off of sugar, it's pretty freaking hard. And since I hate most meat.. Today I am craving every sweet food out there. But every bone in my body tells me not to. I know that if I want to be thin, and acne free, I have to work for it. And I'm going to get there. <3 (Should I do one of these for each day?)

Replies

• Lauracharder
    Lauracharder Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Should you do one of what?
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    There's a blog function provided with MFP for precisely this.

This particular forum is a good place to ask questions about general diet and weight loss.
  • ldula88
    ldula88 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    HANG IN THERE!!!! :) The first week or two of a VLC (very low-carb) diet are the hardest, but once you get through the "carb flu" you will find it so much easier! I'm Paleo myself, so I know how you feel switching from the Standard American Diet to a VLC one. Once you get through the process of burning through the glucose stored in your system from the carbs, your body will start to burn fat rather than rely on carbs for energy. Just think, if you can get through one month without straying, you will have made such a huge improvement to your life. It's only 30 days :) good luck!
  • kayla_who
    kayla_who Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    To be honest I hate low carb diets. I tried South Beach. Went from eating whatever I wanted to absolutely no starch in the first 2 week cleanse phase. I was *****y the whole time and then at the end of it I only lost 3 pounds. Needless to say I found the nearest chocolate and stuffed my face.

Not saying it won't work for you. I truly believe everyone's body is wired differently. You just have to find the diet that works best for you. For me, it's simply counting calories and exercising.

Good luck boo
  • purple_tux1
    purple_tux1 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    If you hate meat, don't eat it. Whatever diet you pick, make sure you're eating foods you enjoy, otherwise you won't be able to keep the diet up for long. What I did when I started Atkins was to look through the list of what was 'allowed' and write down the foods that *I* enjoyed. From here, I had my shopping list. You can have eggs, fish and cheese if you don't like meat. If the induction phase is too strict for you, don't do it...start with a higher net carbs. A low-carb diet is still beneficial without having to go to the extreme.
  • gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    throwing the baby out with the bathwater comes to mind.

Are huge amounts of processed sugar good for you? No.

Do you have to cut out all carbs including whole grains, fruit and some veggies? hmm. I personally don't think so, but no doubt the 'carbs and grains are the work of the devil' lobby will have louder voices then I (and probably pie charts, cause everything looks better with a pie chart)

Ask yourself whether you will never eat carbs again and decide just how sustainable this lifestyle is for you, because in the end it is only you that matters.