How much weight did you gain during your pregnancy?

Options

Replies

• BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    #1 - 75 lbs
    #2 - 45 lbs

...and that is why I am here :smile:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    My second trimester I was ravenous. Third I've been sick a lot more and have lost about 4lbs since my gain of 20lbs. although I do find myself wanting only carbohydrates.
  • kkerri
    kkerri Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    That's funny - I ate totally different with mine and gained the same. First, I ate way more junk. Second, I ate way more healthy. 60 pounds to the T with both. I think a lot of it is genetic predisposition.
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    38 lbs with each

I ate healthy with #1 and frequent green chili cheese burgers with #2
  • cbmae
    cbmae Posts: 19
    Options
    I gained 60 lbs, yes, 60. And I was 15 lbs heavier than I like to be when I got pregnant. :embarassed: In my defense, I was on bed rest for 6 months, so that'll do it.
  • Sontoun
    Sontoun Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    # 1 - Lost 20 lbs throwing up first trimester, but gained 30 lbs afterwards so net 10 lbs gained (craved Kellog's Corn Flakes...ate a huge box every day...now I rarely eat cereal and my daughter will eat it as snack food)

# 2 - Gestational diabetes so you get that lovely diet! Gained 9 lbs total that I worked hard to gain! (craved salads with tons of dressing...I've never been a salad person so this was not me and my son loves veggies so I'm not gonna complain about it)
  • CAME1
    CAME1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    60 and 58
  • hiba_84
    hiba_84 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I gained 55 lbs with DS! I ate EVERYTHING, healthy and otherwise. I just found out yesterday that I am pregnant and I am planning to be very cautious this time around.
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    This is going to vary greatly since many on here have gotten pregnant while overweight/obese. There is no need for huge weight gain. My wife just went from 119-141lbs, delivered at 39.5 weeks. Baby girl is now 4 months and wife is 117lbs. This is what happens when you exercise throughout pregnancy, easy and quick recovery. First hike was 7 days after c-section with baby in Ergo. Normal exercise resumed at two weeks.

Pffffffff...when you become pregnant and if you have a C-section please don't go on a hike a week afterwards. Sit down. Take a nap. Enjoy your baby.

But anyways I was a healthy weight before I got pregnant, ate basically whatever I wanted during, gained 40 lbs with both my pregnancies and was pre-pregnancy weight 4 months after birth. I did this by going back to eating healthy and kicking my own *kitten* in the gym. I saw pregnancy as a time to enjoy myself so I didn't workout or eat that great. And boy did I enjoy myself! I also didn't hit the gym until 6 weeks afterwards - are you nuts! Hello, sleep deprivation anyone?

**OP - you have to remember that a lot of the weight comes off right after delivery. I gained 40 lbs, but after I got home from the hospital I had already lost 20 lbs (baby, fluid, placenta, etc).
  • benefiting
    benefiting Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I gained 55 lbs with DS! I ate EVERYTHING, healthy and otherwise. I just found out yesterday that I am pregnant and I am planning to be very cautious this time around.

Congratulations and good luck! :)
  • nikkylyn
    nikkylyn Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    1st baby.....40lbs lost it by 3 mos
    2nd baby.....50 lbs took 10 mos to lose it
    3rd baby.......35 lbs. My son will be one next week. Im 3 lbs under prepregnancy weight. Although.didnt get serios about losing it until a few mos ago.
  • Toria718
    Toria718 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    with my son i lost 15 lbs at first but ended up gaining 8 more than my pre preg weight, with being currently pregnant im at the end of my first trimester and have gained 3 so far. granted for the last week ive been eating junk. so ugh. back to healthy food tomorrow
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    19lbs with first one.
    Hoping even less with this one.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Child #1 - 51 lbs
    Child #2 - 54 lbs

I should say though, that my body did NOT like being pregnant. I retained a TON of water and within 2 weeks of giving birth both times, I lost 35 of these lbs because it was mostly water weight...
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I gained very little all 5 pregnancies... but I did suffer from hyperemesis during the whole 9 months for all of them. :sick: :sad:

Same for me, but only twice!! I could NOT have done it 5 times :( but yeah, constant sickness does keep the weight off.
  • katem78
    katem78 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    gained 26 in twin pregnancy and lost 33 after 10 days of giving birth!!
    i was walking A LOT daily and avoided carbs (ate pasta only 8 times).
    i was drinking A LOOOOT OF WATER and eating a lot of fruits!

Good luck
  • 40andFindingFitness
    Options
    Nothing in either of my pregnancies. I lost without trying for both. The first one likely because I had to go to physical therapy for a car accident. I couldn't be medicated so I had to do lots of stretches and things which made me feel better and lose weight although that was not the goal. The second probably in part because I couldn't tolerate cooking meat. I ate it if someone else cooked it but gagged completely if I touched it. Also, I craved an incredible amount of fruit during my pregnancies. Luckily (or unluckily I guess), I had a extra pounds for the babies to thrive off of. I would not recommend trying to lose during pregnancy by the way.
  • LosingExtraKristy
    LosingExtraKristy Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I gained 9 lbs the first time and 20 lbs the second. I craved some pretty unhealthy food the 2nd time!!
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    It was about 30-35 pounds with my first and maybe 25-30 with my second. I don't remember exactly. I ate decent but I wasn't an overly healthy eater at the time.
  • cunninjd
    Options
    I went from about 145 up to 207 when I checked in at the hospital. My son is 7 weeks old now. I am down to 175 right now, so I have 30 pounds to lose. I was so hungry constantly while pregnant and my appetite definitely dropped off after delivery. I tend to eat more while at home with the baby out of boredom more than anything. I am exclusively breastfeeding which burns about 500 calories a day which is a 1 pound a week weight loss if I don't go over my calories. I was in fairly good shape before pregnancy but I have gotten much weaker since I did not exercise regularly. I really do think I could have made a better effort to eat better while prego but I didn't. If I ever have a second child, I will definitely get my butt in an exercise routine and push the vegetables and water. Losing this 30 pounds is going to be rough!