Ceviche is my new love!

Options
Sihaya8
Sihaya8 Posts: 19 Member
(Sorry I have already posted this under nutrition as i'm new here and didn't see this category :/ )

Raw fish (salmon or cod mostly) cooked in lime juice with lettuce, peppers, tomatoes, onion and coriander with a side salad. it's my new love, it's so tasty and it's helping me get my five a day while not too high in calories. Sometimes i'll put prawns in as well if I have the calories free.

Has anyone else tried it? Or have a similar meal they have discovered that they are excited about? :)

Replies

• cedarblack
    cedarblack Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I looooooove ceviche, so good!!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,663 Member
    Options
    Love it too. Would love to visit Peru. Apparently a unique food culture due to high levels of traditional immigration from Japan. A real East meets West fusion.
  • sweetNtangy
    Options
    “Thin slices of salmon lounge in a citrus, cilantro and garlic marinade for four hours before being served with chips or tostadas. Fresh ingredients are what makes this simple, easy dish amazing. The hardest part of it is the slicing and dicing. With minimal effort and no cooking you'll get rave reviews. This can just as easily pass for an appetizer in smaller portions.” I love it ❣
  • Shari325
    Shari325 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Do you make this at home? If yes, please share your recipes. I have not found one I am completely happy with...
  • adorable_aly
    adorable_aly Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I had this a lot in Peru! I make it at home now, it's delicious. @acpgee the rest of the food wasn't that great actually...
  • Sihaya8
    Sihaya8 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Do you make this at home? If yes, please share your recipes. I have not found one I am completely happy with...

I always marinate the fish for approx 5 minutes. I like it raw!

My recipe is;
    Salmon
    Cod
    Prawns (small quantities of seafood)
    Red / yellow peppers
    Half an onion
    Lime
    Fresh coriander
    Salt
    Cracked black pepper
    Fresh chopped chilli

and here's the perfect ending but this is only for special occasions...
    Coconut cream! only a VERY small amount but this is very tasty!!!! aw I wish I had more calories to play with lol nom nom
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    yeah it's pretty tasty
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge Chopped fan and they are always making ceviche!

Makes me want it sooo bad.