Stopped Losing - lower carbs

Options
Hi

ive been using mfp and have lost 2 stone. I hit a brick wall about 4 months ago and havent lost since then. I gained when I went on hols in sept, lost it, back to the same.

I was wondering if changing my carb, fat, protein macros might help. Ive adjusted them today in hope to try and see if it helps.

I dont want to do a low carb diet as im not sure its healthy.

I cant lower my cals as I just get hungry and grumpy.

can anyone help with a plan?

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    In my opinion and experience, weight loss is a giant science experiment, and what works for me may not work for you. Adjust your macros and give it four weeks, it can't hurt, it might help. Maybe change up your workouts, try something new, etc. just remember, whatever you do, in order to see if it truly works (or doesn't) you need to give it time, probably 3-4 weeks, to really see.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Seems your over on carbs and low on protein.. try hitting your macro's you have now before changing anything else.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh and measure your food? Logging everything? A stall, to my assumption, means you may be eating more than you think or maybe overestimating burns if you're doing mfp's method. First thing I notice us your protein is a tad low. Protein and fats will help you feel more full, longer. Nuts, lean meats are good sources of protein. Avacados are awesome for fat source. I, myself, love Greek yogurt, which is another excellent source of protein.
  • sharonmunday90
    sharonmunday90 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys.
    I log everything and weight everything im a bit anal like that

the macros I have put, are they workable or am I setting myself up to fail?

thanks for the support. Im just at a complete loss and stupidly almost signed up to a low carb diet. The terri ann 123 diet.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys.

thanks for the support. Im just at a complete loss and stupidly almost signed up to a low carb diet. The terri ann 123 diet.

Don't beat yourself up <3 we're all learning as we go along. I, myself, can't do low carb. But that's an individual thing. Protein is definitely doable and from what I've read and seen, suggested at 1g per pound of lean body mass. If you eat more protein than that, no worries, unless you have conditions that effect it. Drink plenty of water. I'm very ocd about my scale too :P
  • sharonmunday90
    sharonmunday90 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys.

Don't beat yourself up <3 we're all learning as we go along. I, myself, can't do low carb. But that's an individual thing. Protein is definitely doable and from what I've read and seen, suggested at 1g per pound of lean body mass. If you eat more protein than that, no worries, unless you have conditions that effect it. Drink plenty of water. I'm very ocd about my scale too :P

thanks. Its appreciated.

im going to try and cut the carbs slightly like ive changed my macros to and see if it helps.

by default I think that will increase my protein too.

thanks x