Zumba

Options
Tomorrow...I start going to Zumba classes and am really looking forward to it.:happy:

Replies

• MandyGirly
    Options
    I just started a Zumba class last week and I LOVE it! Good luck!
  • melanie92
    melanie92 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I started doing Zumba about 8 weeks ago. It is the bomb!! Don't get discouraged if you can't get it at first - it's harder than it looks! But once it clicks - it is so much fun! Good Luck!! :happy:
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    By the third class you should have most of the steps down. It is so high energy and so much fun. Take it at your own pace and don't be discouraged. Everyone takes time to get it :-) I say this because of a few friends who came to a class with me and gave up!
  • cviertha
    Options
    If you love to dance you'll love Zumba! I sure do!
  • mwolset
    Options
    I do Zumba on an average 4 times a week. It is so much fun, and i do all different levels! It is so much fun!
  • Shannon821
    Shannon821 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Zumba and absolutely LOVE it!!! Don't worry so much getting the steps at first...you'll catch on...just have fun :)
  • TENAH
    TENAH Posts: 14
    Options
    s zumba listed as an exercise in the database if so where can i find it... i did 23 minutes today and had to chose high impact aerobics????
  • MCDerin
    MCDerin Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    ttyner,
    If you have to use the databse, yes...choose high impact aerobics.
    However, if you have a heart rate monitor, you can use that and manually enter the calories.
    Zumba calorie burns vary SO much for people.
    It's a GREAT workout though :)
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • brownspicegirl
    Options
    I wanted to do it, but I have two left feet and I was too scared to make a fool of myself, maybe I will feel more confident with more weight loss, then I will go.
  • elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I wanted to do it, but I have two left feet and I was too scared to make a fool of myself, maybe I will feel more confident with more weight loss, then I will go.

I went to my first Zumba class last week, and had at least two left feet, and some of an unknown origin. I had a complete, total blast, and nobody else cared how horribly uncoordinated I was. Just go!
  • TENAH
    TENAH Posts: 14
    Options
    :smooched: THANKS SO MUCH!!!!
  • MCDerin
    MCDerin Posts: 226 Member
    Options

I went to my first Zumba class last week, and had at least two left feet, and some of an unknown origin. I had a complete, total blast, and nobody else cared how horribly uncoordinated I was. Just go!

"some of an unknown origin" LOL Too funny.
    I like to joke that I couldn't find a beat in a paper bag, but I tried Zumba and loved it, despite not knowing all the moves immediately, In fact, I got certified to teach it on Oct. 9th. Now, I have a lot of practicing I need to do, but everyone has their own style, so don't be scared. Just have fun!
  • KCSPEARS
    KCSPEARS Posts: 123
    Options
    i just did my 2nd class today. i joined up for a 6 week program... GREAT cardio!