Hi Everyone... been doing MFP for 4 months - 70 lbs LOST!

Options
Hi Everyone,

This MyFitnessPal is the greatest tool I have ever encountered to support weight loss goals. Lots of information available to understand what you are consuming.

I started using MFP 4months ago to the day and through following the calorie recommendations and implementing exercise, I have lost 70 lbs. Went from 250 to my current weight of 177 (as of today). It was not easy in the beginning but after 2 or 3 weeks of consistently following calories (and yes I religiously log everything) the weight started to melt away. The other key was starting to exercise. Even though I started with walking 30 minutes a day, over the months I kept going further and further to 1 hour and 30 minutes of walking each day. Then started incorporating jogging slowly (could never jog due to pressure on knees and ankles because of being overweight. Over time began doing a little more each week and have now attained doing 4 to 5 miles a day running.

Now down to 32 to 34inch waist (was 40 to 42) and went from XXL shirts to large. I feel great and so many people do not even recognize me now.

KEEP WITH IT... IT WORKS!!!

Replies

• shelli1982
    Options
    Just wanted to say THANKS for posting this.. it's always great (and inspirational) to hear a success story, especially one as great as yours! Congratulations :)
  • mykaar74
    mykaar74 Posts: 253
    Options
    thats awesome you are such an inspiration keep up the great work
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss! I hope to be where you are in 4 or so months.
  • Yaya0485
    Options
    Wow thats amazing so inspirin...Good for u and thanx for the advice...Im gonna stick to program u lost exactly wat I want to loose ...I know I could do it ..Thanx again..KEEP IT UP>>>
  • blessedmomof8
    blessedmomof8 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    WOW and double WOW WOW!
    Thanks for sharing. It is a big encouragement!
  • grlaurie
    grlaurie Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Awesome good for you it does work :), not as fast for me but it sure does work
  • brownspicegirl
    Options
    That was very inspiring
    Thanks for sharing
    Well done
  • MunchkinHawk12
    MunchkinHawk12 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's so great, awesome job. Just a question, what were you eating before you lost the weight and what did you change your eating habits too!?
  • themyriadthings
    themyriadthings Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Your hard work and persistence has really paid off! :)
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Great job, and thank you for sharing your story. :smile:
  • Cnmurphy78
    Options
    That's awesome, way to go!
  • danmullen
    Options
    That is absolutely fantastic and very inspirational! Tomorrow I'll be exactly 8 weeks in - hoping to have broken the 30lb mark! Reading stories like yours is more than enough motivation to keep going!

Well done :)
  • new_me_4
    new_me_4 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the inspirational message. I just started MFP a week ago and it is nice to see a success story because it help to get me motivated. Good Luck and Congratulations on your weight loss.
  • mikmowtx
    mikmowtx Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You name it, I was eating it... Plus I travel about 70,000 miles a year for my job and spent a lot of times in restaurants. My other favorite thing was sitting and watching TV and consuming ice cream, chips, cookies, etc... It was just not a good thing.

Just decided one day while in the grocery store that enough was enough. That trip I only bought fruits, vegetables, chicken and fish. Started eating salads for lunch (there are some great tasting non-fat dressing out there) everyday. However, to me the biggest factor was portion control. I watched all those commercials on TV for Nuti-system, Jenny Craig, etc and ALL those programs are about is portion control. Trust me, I read the nutrition label on everything now.

YOU CAN DO IT TOO!!!
  • Sumatra
    Sumatra Posts: 181
    Options
    Wow! That is absolutely incredible! Congratulations!
  • poodlepaws
    poodlepaws Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I watched all those commercials on TV for Nuti-system, Jenny Craig, etc and ALL those programs are about is portion control. Trust me, I read the nutrition label on everything now.

YOU CAN DO IT TOO!!!
    [/quote]

The key words in that statement is PORTION CONTROL! there is no such thing as dieting to keep the weight off; it's learning portion control and healthier eating.

A BIG congratulations on your weight loss and thank you for sharing.
  • mikmowtx
    mikmowtx Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! Trust me, I have shared what I have done with several of my friends and business associates and some of them have taken the plunge with MFP.

It is hard work and takes will power but believe me, it is well worth it.

NOW, don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but there is a downside.... buying a whole new wardrobe can be quite expensive BUT I look at clothes shopping in a whole new light. Absolutely hated it because of the larger sizes I always had to buy. Now I enjoy the experience because it is a ton better when you look slim...

Keep at it and you will be well rewarded but incorporate some exercise even if it just walking 30 to 45 minutes a day. You will be amazed at your progress. Also, just because MFP tells you you can eat X number of calories doesn't necessarily have to eat that many. I went 3 1/2 months without ever eating more than 1,500 calories.