MFP Fitspiration!

Replies

• MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Webster defines inspiration as follows:

in·spi·ra·tion noun \ˌin(t)-spə-ˈrā-shən, -(ˌ)spi-\
    : something that makes someone want to do something or that gives someone an idea about what to do or create : a force or influence that inspires someone

: a person, place, experience, etc., that makes someone want to do or create something

: a good idea

The thing about these posters is that they aren't something you can only make when you are at goal... because, you are never done... goals shift as you get closer, they mature, they refine.You may reach goal weight, but not goal size, or goal size but not goal endurance... the day you stop growing might as well be the day you get put under ground.

My hope is to see people make these at all stages in their progress... ALL Stages... because you ALL inspire me.
    - when you step out of your comfort zone and try something new... you inspire me
    - when you set a goal that you never thought attainable... you inspire me
    - when you have been on the couch your whole life and you finally get out and walk, even for ten minutes... you inspire me
    - when you decide that you want to be a positive role model for your kids... you inspire me

I could go on for pages.

So please, don't think you have to wait until you get "there" before you can post in here... you CAN and DO inspire NOW. You just need to recognize it!

:heart:
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member

: something that makes someone want to do something or that gives someone an idea about what to do or create : a force or influence that inspires someone

: a person, place, experience, etc., that makes someone want to do or create something

The thing about these posters is that they aren't something you can only make when you are at goal... because, you are never done... goals shift as you get closer, they mature, they refine.You may reach goal weight, but not goal size, or goal size but not goal endurance... the day you stop growing might as well be the day you get put under ground.

My hope is to see people make these at all stages in their progress... ALL Stages... because you ALL inspire me.
    - when you step out of your comfort zone and try something new... you inspire me
    - when you have been on the couch your whole life and you finally get out and walk, even for ten minutes... you inspire me
    - when you decide that you want to be a positive role model for your kids... you inspire me

I could go on for pages.

So please, don't think you have to wait until you get "there" before you can post in here... you CAN and DO inspire NOW. You just need to recognize it!

:heart: :heart: :heart:
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Definitely still working, but here's one of mine.

Trailinspiration_zps57c214e0.jpg
  • LAnne16
    LAnne16 Posts: 272 Member
    So in again... Once i get my diet sorted out... I am going to be one of these!
  • CheeksBryant
    CheeksBryant Posts: 193 Member
    A group of physically impaired guys came into my gym this morning and began rocking it harder than most of the able bodied guys. I wish I could have taken a photo of this guy with a badly atrophied arm spotting for his buddy (who appeared to have CF). It would be captioned what he was shouting in encouragement - "AIN'T NO REASON YOU CAN'T MAN!" [safety note in case anyone is worried: regardless of physical disadvantages, these chaps obviously knew what they were doing]

Next time I feel like it's all just too much, this guy will be in my head shouting "AIN'T NO REASON YOU CAN'T MAN!"

^awesome
  • MissFuchsia
    MissFuchsia Posts: 523 Member
    Bumping for Fitspirartion :)
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    I love these threads.
  • Cella30
    Cella30 Posts: 539 Member

I could go on for pages.

I want this on a poster!! So perfectly said...thank you for this thread and your encouragement! :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    pizzafits_zps69c1ac1f.jpg

"Citizen I beseech you...never trust a fellow Roman who won't eat pizza or who replaces the crust with cauliflower." - Julius Caesar (100-44 B.C.)
  • MireyGal76
    pizzafits_zps69c1ac1f.jpg

"Citizen I beseech you...never trust a fellow Roman who won't eat pizza or who replaces the crust with cauliflower." - Julius Caesar (100-44 B.C.)

Eating pizza and not feeling guilty??? Hell YEAH that's inspirational!
    Thanks Burro!
  • kjm_723
    kjm_723 Posts: 66 Member
    Bump for later
  • MamaG1313
    MamaG1313 Posts: 29 Member
    bump!
  • marthas3110
    marthas3110 Posts: 21 Member
    BUMP
  • PJ_73
    PJ_73 Posts: 331 Member
    This thread just makes me want to keep working towards my goals!

Hopefully soon I'll feel confident enough to post my Fitspiration pics!

Thanks for sharing, guys.
  • punkyjones
    punkyjones Posts: 70 Member
    I love this SO much!!!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    I finally got a picture of the hill my house is on. I used to dread having to walk up this hill, because I would be so out of breath by the time I got to the top, and my legs would feel like jello. Now I run up this hill (and the one on the other side of it) training for my 5K. I couldn't quite figure out what to say, but this'll do!

1147e061-3633-44de-8821-545023c25938_zpscd638ecd.jpg
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    cant wait to post on here.
  • MireyGal76
    cant wait to post on here.

can't wait for you to post on here. :-D

@callmecupcakedammit... LOVE IT!
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Best Thread on MFP!!!
  • :D Awesome
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    This is a truly inspiring thread!
  • katimama
    katimama Posts: 191 Member
    Here's a new contribution from me :D

7c1vfLY.jpg

OMG, how?!! You're abs are killer!
  • silverraiyne
    silverraiyne Posts: 683 Member
    To get the ball rolling again...

91cc25c8-ac94-4715-a36c-4b7997b6008c_zps2594e507.jpg

Awesome, I see this one bouncing around Pinterest all the time, I had no idea it a an MFP original. Good work!!
  • MireyGal76

Awesome, I see this one bouncing around Pinterest all the time, I had no idea it a an MFP original. Good work!!

Are you serious?? This is mine! *excited*
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member

Are you serious?? This is mine! *excited*

You're a Pinsperation! :bigsmile:
  • seren1ty74
    seren1ty74 Posts: 171 Member
    I finally got a picture of the hill my house is on. I used to dread having to walk up this hill, because I would be so out of breath by the time I got to the top, and my legs would feel like jello. Now I run up this hill (and the one on the other side of it) training for my 5K. I couldn't quite figure out what to say, but this'll do!

1147e061-3633-44de-8821-545023c25938_zpscd638ecd.jpg

this is AWESOME
  • bkw99508
    bkw99508 Posts: 204 Member
    pinging for later
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Not quite done but we're getting there.

56904e11-0459-461c-8be6-d3de2b6eef06_zps73d38aed.jpg
  • Xenophonica
    Xenophonica Posts: 79 Member
    Following!