Ceviche is my new love!

Options
Raw fish (salmon or cod mostly) cooked in lime juice with lettuce, peppers, tomatoes, onion and coriander with a side salad. it's my new love, it's so tasty and it's helping me get my five a day while not too high in calories. Sometimes i'll put prawns in as well if I have the calories free.

Has anyone else tried it? Or have a similar meal they have discovered that they are excited about? :)

Replies

• ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I love ceviche but I admit I'm too much of a pansy to properly make it, so I usually boil for a short amount of time and then douse with lime juice and the rest of the ingredients.

So good!

Unfortunately, my mechanism of choice to transport the ceviche into mouth is tortilla chips so it ends up not being the low calorie extravaganza it could be ;)
  • Sihaya8
    Sihaya8 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I love ceviche but I admit I'm too much of a pansy to properly make it, so I usually boil for a short amount of time and then douse with lime juice and the rest of the ingredients.

So good!

Unfortunately, my mechanism of choice to transport the ceviche into mouth is tortilla chips so it ends up not being the low calorie extravaganza it could be ;)

That is definitely the tastiest way of having it! I've been having it with rocket or lettuce but it doesn't have the same scoop factor!
    I was scared of raw fish until I got into sushi and since then I don't feel as nervous. I'm considering trying a half raw diet but i'm not sure how to go about it...
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    can't go wrong with a good ceviche!