Why do my net calories on my goal page keep adjusting

Options
When I started I had a net calorie goal of 1300. Then a couple weeks later I looked at my goal page and it readjusted itself to 1290. Today when I went to my goal page it adjusted itself again to 1270. Why is it saying I am burning less everyday and therefore giving me a lower net calories?

I thought as I built muscle and worked out more that the opposite would happen. I thought I all this work would raise my metabolism and therefore raise the number of calories I could eat. Definately not lower.

Please help. I am so confused.

Replies

• thedeepblue
    Options
    Does anyone understand this?
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    If you lost weight and your entered the new weight in your home page, then the system will probably readjust your new requirements. The less we weight the less calories we burn, and the slower the rate of loosing weight..

I hope that his is helpful.
  • summerblunden
    summerblunden Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Weight loss. As you weigh less, your body needs less calories. It is up to you whether you ignore the adjustment, or let it go. I'm not adjusting my calories until I need to. I'm still losing by eating the calories it gave e when I signed up, so I'm not going to lower the amount until I plateau.
  • lamullen
    Options
    Hi there--

As you lose weight, your caloric needs go down. It sounds like the calories you are losing have everything with the weight you're losing. The program is probably adjusting them for you.

If you want the calories back, try to add a few minutes of light exercise to your regimen.

That's the only downside of losing weight! :)